Nutritional supplements are specifically formulated food, powder or liquid dietary supplements that provide added nutrition such as vitamins, fatty acids, fiber, minerals, herbs, amino acids, probiotics, and other nutrients to an individual’s diet to assist with specific ailments.
Childhood nutrition involves making sure that children eat healthy foods to help them grow and develop normally, as well as to prevent obesity and future disease.Top Six Vitamins and Minerals for Kids
- Vitamin A promotes normal growth and development.
- Vitamin B promotes aid metabolism, energy production, and healthy circulatory and nervous systems.
- Vitamin C promotes healthy muscles, connective tissue, and skin.
- Vitamin D promotes bone and tooth formation and helps the body absorb calcium.
- Calcium helps build strong bones as a child grows.
- Iron builds muscle and is essential to healthy red blood cells.
Infant formula comes in a powder, or liquid concentrate form and can serve as the primary source of vitamins, nutrition, and iron in the first months, and sometimes years, of a child’s life. And, it is a safe and healthy substitute for breast milk.
The term "Metabolic" is often used to refer specifically to the breakdown of food and its transformation into energy. A metabolic disorder that affects the ability to metabolize sugar galactose appropriately.
A thickening agent or thickener is a substance which can increase the viscosity of a liquid without substantially changing its other properties.
- It may also improve the suspension of other ingredients or emulsions which increases the stability of the product.
- Thickened liquids can also be used when medical condition such as dysphagia cause individuals difficulty when swallowing.