An ostomy refers to the surgically created opening in the body for the discharge of body wastes. A stoma is the actual end of the ureter or small or large bowel that can be seen protruding through the abdominal wall.
- Pouches - It is a durable plastic bag worn on the outside of the body to collect waste matter of stool or urine. It is specifically designed for use after a colostomy, urostomy or ileostomy surgical procedure, ostomy pouches and bags are available as either closed or drainable one- or two-piece systems.
- Barriers - Barriers protect the sensitive area around a stoma site, which requires proper care with ostomy supplies. A stoma, the opening in the body that is used for urine or bowel elimination, needs a lot of attention in order to stay clean and healthy.
- Ostomy Accessories - Ostomy Accessories includes products to help with your stoma care routine, which not only protect the skin but also provide relief and reassurance. Includes products like sterile barrier film range, flushable wipes, flange extenders, stoma seal, skin cleanser, ostomy deodorant spray, medical adhesive remover, etc.
- Ostomy Belts - Ostomy belts are designed to support the weight of ostomy appliances attached to a stoma. Ostomy belts wrap around the abdomen and usually attach to loops on the ostomy bag.
- Irrigation Sleeve - The irrigation sleeve is designed to be used in routine when it is recommended by a healthcare professional to regulate emptying the bowel at a scheduled time. It is a long drainable pouch affixed around the stoma or base plate and held there with a belt.
- Enema Bags and Kits - Enema or clyster, is a fluid injected into the lower bowel by way of the rectum. The most frequent use of an enema is to relieve constipation or for bowel cleansing before a medical examination or procedure.
- Ostomy Washers - Ostomy washers are ideal for stomas that have crevices, fistulas or scar tissue that make the skin surrounding the stoma site uneven. Washers also provide extra security for patients who are worried about leakage.
- Baseplates - Wafers or Baseplates are manufactured using pectin or similar organic material and are available in a wide variety of sizes to accommodate a person's particular anatomy.