Kinetec Prima Advance Knee CPM Machine
|KINETEC Prima Advance is a Knee PASSIVE mobilization device enabling the extension and
flexion movement from -5° to 115°.
||A - Lower limb support B - Thigh support C - Foot support D - Control panel E – Hand control|
- Knee replacement surgery.
- Fractures (patellar, tibia plateau, femoral,...).
- Hip surgery, including hip replacement, hip pinning, osteotomy,...).
- Ligament repairs.
- Arthroscopic surgery (menisectomies, patellectomies,...)
- Burns, joints sepsis,...
- Breaks the cycle of trauma, inflammation and the loss of range of motion.
- Prevents joint stiffness.
- Speeds the recovery of post-operative range of motion.
- Maintains the quality of the joint surface.
- Reduces pain and oedema.
- Promotes joint cartilage healing.
- Reduces hospitalization time
- Reduces the need for pain medication.
- Provides immediate post-operative continuous passive motion.
Bone Cancer, Warped joint surfaces, Spastic paralyses, unstable fractures, Uncontrolled infection. The machine is not adapted for patient’s height more 2 m (6'7") or under 1,40m (4'7").
Use of the Kinetec patient pad kit
The KINETEC Patient Pad Kit is designed for rapid fitting, optimal hygiene and maximum patient comfort. For optimal hygiene, a new set of pads should be used for each patient.
Starting the unit
Turn on the power switch (2). The yellow light (3) on the control panel is on.
The KINETEC Prima Advance is fitted with a START/STOP/REVERSE function. First, press the hand control switch; the machine stops. Press the hand control switch again; the mobilization reverses.
IMPORTANT: for maximum safety, the hand control should always be given to the patient.
Adjusting the FLEXION and EXTENSION limits
Select the extension and flexion angles via button (4) for flexion and button (5) for extension.
Modification of the extension or flexion limit can be done while the machine is running or stationary.
Adjusting the SPEED
The SPEED is set by turning button (6).
At maximum speed, the machine moves at 145° per minute (for medium femur length).
At minimum speed, the machine moves at 40° per minute (for medium femur length).
Modification of the speed can be done while the machine is running or stationary.
Setting up the patient
- Measure in cm or inches the length of the patient’s femur; adjust the thigh support to this measurement using knobs (7).
- To install the patient on the KINETEC Prima Advance machine.
- Push the foot plate (C) up to the patient and tighten the knobs (8).
IMPORTANT: Adjust the axis of the patient’s hip with the axis rotation of the KINETEC Prima Advance machine, and the axis of the patient’s knee with the axis rotation of the KINETEC Prima Advance machine.
|Power supply:||100-240 V~|
|Device of type||B class I|
|Temperature:||-40 to 70°C / -40 to 160°F|
|Relative humidity:||up to 90%|
|Room temperature:||10 to 40°C/50 to 105°F|
|Relative humidity:||up to 80%|
SAFETYThe physician defines the protocol and ensures that it is correctly implemented (adjustments, session duration and frequency of use).
The patient must know the start/stop/reverse function on the control handle.
Hand control must be accessible to patient at all times.
KINETEC Prima Advance complies with Directive 93/42/CEE.
EXPLOSION HAZARD: KINETEC Prima Advance is not designed for use in the presence of flammable anesthetics. In case of electromagnetic interference with other devices move the device.
KINETEC Prima Advance is in compliance with standards in force (IEC 601.1.2), electromagnetic compatibility standard
for medical devices.
Please, do not touch the moving parts while the unit is running, pinching risk.