General Wound Care
Wounds are usually caused by cuts or scrapes. Different kinds of wounds may be treated differently from one another, depending upon how they happened and how serious they are. General Wound Care stocks Wound Cleansers and Debriders, Dressing retention tape, Elastic Tubular Bandages from leading brand of wound care products i.e. Medline.
Special medicated fluids are used to remove any dead tissue or adhered debris from the wound area to keep it clean and free of infection risk factors. As an initial attention to the wound it is important to use debridement supplies to remove any damaged tissue and foreign objects from the wound before proceeding to cleansing the wound. A wound cleanser is used in the process of caring for a wound to promote the correct healing.
Wound care dressing are often used by medical staff, caregivers and patients to attend and heal wounds but also prevent any further complications of infections. These medical supplies are created to come in direct contact with the wound which makes them different from other bandages and tapes that hold these dressings in place.
- Their purpose depends on the position and severity of the wound.
- There are different types of dressing products designed to treat the variety of wounds.
- Their main job is to protect the wound from infection risk factors and provide a faster healing period.
- Their function also has complementary purposes such as absorb exuding fluids, wound debridement and to stop any bleeding so the wound can heal.
Medical Tape is made to be used to close wounds and hold bandages in place. It comes in a variety of lengths, widths and styles that are designed to meet a wide variety of bandaging needs.
- It is intended to “breathe” to allow air to circulate around the wound.
- These tapes usually have a hypoallergenic adhesive which is designed to hold firmly onto skin, dressing materials, and underlying layers of tape, but to remove easily without damaging the skin.