3M Tegaderm Ag Mesh Dressing with Silver
3M Tegaderm Ag Mesh Dressing with Silver is a versatile and easy-to-use dressing with silver which provides an effective antimicrobial barrier in an affordable silver dressing. Contains silver sulfate which is released as silver ions in the dressing and creates an effective antimicrobial barrier for up to seven days.
Benefits of Tegader Ag Silver Wound Dressing
- Clinically proven
- No minimal staining and non-irritating
- Ideal for use in wound clinics, hospitals, home care and long-term care
Features of 3M Tegaderm Ag Mesh Dressing with Silver
- Easy to use, can be cut, folded or fluffed
- Effective up to 7 days
- Effective against a wide range of microbes, including yeast, fungi and antibiotic-resistant bacteria (MRSA and VRE)
- Versatile, may be used as primary dressing or with absorbent wound fillers
- Can be moistened with wound exudate, sterile normal saline, sterile water or liquid hydrogel
- Fast-acting, long-lasting antimicrobial barrier in an affordable silver dressing
- Backing materialis made of foam
- Available in gold color
Tegaderm Ag Mesh Dressing Construction
Silver sulfate: is one of the most soluble silver salts
- Dissolves in the presence of moisture releasing antimicrobial cationic silver
Cotton non-woven gauze:
- Material that clinicians know and trust
- Can be cut to desired shape and size
- Can be fluffed or packed into tunnels, sinus tracts and areas of undermining
- Soft and conformable
Moisture Options: Can be moistened with wound exudate, sterile normal saline, sterile water or hydrogel
- Sterile normal saline does not cause a significant change in pH, unlike some competitive products
When to use 3M Tegaderm Ag Dressing?
- Pressure, arterial, neuropathic (diabetic) and venous leg ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Trauma wounds
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Abrasions Donor sites
How to use Tegaderm Silver Dressing?
- Evaluate the wound and select the dressing size that will fit into the wound margins without overlap onto the surrounding skin. If necessary, trim or fold the dressing to fit the wound site.
- Apply dressing to the wound bed. For dry to minimally draining wounds, the dressing may be moistened with sterile normal saline or sterile water to provide a moist wound environment. For additional absorbency 3M Alginate Dressings may be used as wound fillers over the Tegaderm Ag Mesh dressing.
- Apply a suitable cover dressing that maintains a moist wound healing environment to minimize dressing adhering to the wound bed. Apply 3M Medipore +Pad Soft Cloth Adhesive Wound Dressing or 3M Tegaderm +Pad Film Dressing with Non-Adherent Pad as a cover dressing. For greater absorbency, apply 3M Tegaderm Foam Dressing (nonadhesive) or 3M Tegaderm High-Performance Foam Adhesive Dressing
Removing the Dressing:
- Change the dressing as needed. The frequency of changing will depend on factors such as the type of wound and volume of drainage.
- At the time of dressing change, if the dressing adheres to the wound surface, saturate with sterile normal saline or sterile water, allow the dressing to soften, and gently remove.
- Avoid forceful removal of the dressing to minimize disruption of the wound.
Tegaderm Ag Mesh Dressing with Silver should not be used on individuals that have a known hypersensitivity to silver or cotton. This product is not indicated for use as a surgical sponge or for use on third-degree burns. This product should not be used with enzymatic debriding agents that are contraindicated for use with silver products
Avoid use with iodophor containing products which may reduce the effectiveness of ionic silver
- Tegaderm Ag Mesh Dressing with Silver should not be used on individuals who have a known hypersensitivity to silver or cotton
- The product is not intended for use as a surgical sponge or for use on third-degree burns
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.