Bard StatLock Stabilization Device PICC Plus
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
The StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device offers great versatility and ease of use.Combining the latest in design and engineering technology, StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device releasably secures most winged–catheters on the market.Just lift the transparents “gull-wings,” place catheter wings over the posts, and close.Anchor pad available in breathable, nonabsorbent tricot polyester or closed cell foam.Sterile and latex-free.StatLock Stabilization Devices are a more effective alternative to tape in helping improve clinical outcomes, quality of care and economic efficiencies. The StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device is a “post and door” design to house the suture wings of virtually all peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs). Available in adult, pediatric and neonatal sizes.
The StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device offers great versatility and ease of use. In both clinical settings and patient homes, StatLock PICC Plus delivers better, safer outcomes.Easy to UseCombining the latest in design and engineering technology, StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device secures most winged catheters on the market with a stable but releasable adhesive.ust lift the transparent “gull-wings,” place catheter wings over the posts and close.The anchor pad is available in breathable, nonabsorbent tricot polyester or closed cell foam.The StatLock for PICC line is sterile and latex-free.Effective and VersatileStatLock Stabilization Devices are a more effective alternative to tape in helping improve clinical outcomes, quality of care and economic efficiencies. With a transparent dressing for easy monitoring, a latex-free adhesive for lowered allergy risk and the option of foam or tricot pads, StatLock PICC Plus provides superior PICC line stability that prevents accidental needle sticks and other catheter complications.The StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device is a post-and-door design that can accommodate the suture wings of virtually all peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs) and is available in adult, pediatric and neonatal sizes.Simply prep, press, peel and place with StatLock for PICC lines.
- Size: Adult
- Increases catheter dwell times
- Reduces unscheduled restarts
- Reduces catheter complications
- Offers great versatility and ease of use
- Prevents needlestick risk to healthcare workers
- Lift the transparent "gull-wings," place catheter wings over the posts, and close
- Anchor pad available in breathable, non-absorbent tricot polyester or closed cell foam
- Bard StatLock PICC Plus Catheter Stabilization Device features device retainer and anchor pad
DescriptionStatLock PICC Plus has been shown to:
- Lower the rate of IV complications by approximately 67 percent
- Decrease phlebitis rates by 80%
- Increase catheter dwell times from 44 hours to 98 hours
- Decrease unscheduled IV catheter restarts from 71 to 17 percent
- Eliminate suture related needlesticks
- Decrease material costs
- Create efficiency, saving an average of 29 minutes per IV treatment compared to tape
StatLock Stabilization Device Retainer:
- Secures catheter in place
- Accomodates a wide variety of catheters
StatLock Stabilization Device Anchor Pad:
- Faster and easier than suture.
- Allows for visibility of insertion site.
- Breathable latex-free tricot fabric provides added catheter security and patient comfort
- For patients with known tape or adhesive allergies
- Alcohol and acetone may weaken the adhesive bond between the StatLock device pad and the skin
- Cleanse around catheter insertion and outlined stabilization site with chlorhexidine olution, alcohol or as recommended by the healthcare provider. Extend to both sides to an area larger than where the anchor pad will be placed. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply provided skin protectant to stabilization site. Extend to both sides to an area larger than where the anchor pad will be placed. Allow to dry completely (10 to 15 seconds) until the site is smooth to the touch. Skin protectant helps to further enhance the adherence and holding power of the anchor pad to the skin
- Align the StatLock device anchor pad so blue directional arrows point toward catheter insertion site.
- Sliding Posts (if the posts on the StatLock device retainer slide back and forth) Place catheter wing hole over first post, then slide stabilization device to capture second post. Fixed Posts (if the posts on the StatLock device retainer do not slide back and forth or do not move from side to side) Place catheter wing holes over fixed posts.
- Support undersurface of anchor pad and catheter while closing retainer doors. This prevents from pushing down on skin.
3. Peel an Place:
- Hold the StatLock device securely as peeling away paper backing from anchor pad, one side at a time, then place on skin
- Apply transparent dressing as instructed by the healthcare provider.
- Apply both provided dressing change labels.
- Dissolve Apply alcohol on top of the plastic doors and edges/corners of the transparent dressing. Remove transparent dressing using stretch technique. With one edge on each side loosened, stretch in each direction by pulling the dressing horizontally across catheter to remove. Always start at the distal edge of dressing and work toward catheter to limit movement.
- Lift edge of anchor pad by stacking 3 to 4 alcohol pads together, squeezing alcohol onto skin and the undersurface of anchor pad. Then continue to stroke undersurface of pad with alcohol to dissolve anchor pad away from skin. Be sure to work underneath the pad and again squeeze the alcohol for easy removal. Pad should lift from skin. Fold adhesive anchor pad under itself and repeat on opposite side.
- Stabilize catheter while holding the StatLock device. Use thumb of opposite hand to gently lift retainer door from behind while pressing down with index finger as shown. Reposition hands and repeat process to open second retainer door.
- Note: It is best to grasp the plastic doors from the bottom edge. Carefully remove PICC from retainer.
- Temporarily secure line by holding catheter with sterile gloved finger or sterile adhesive foam strip per healthcare providers recommendations.
Warning and Precautions:
- The StatLock PICC Plus Stabilization Device should be monitored daily and replaced if the pad is lifting (at least every 7 days)
- The catheter insertion site should be treated per healthcare providers recommendations
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.