Smith & Nephew IV3000 Rectangle IV Dressing
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
IV3000 Transparent Adhesive Film Dressing
- Moisture responsive High Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate film
- Grid pattern adhesive
- Transparent and conformable
- Wide range of sizes and delivery systems to suit peripheral central line and epidural catheters
- Film acts as a barrier to bacteria including MSRA
- Reduces risk of infection by preventing moisture accumulation - The REACTIC film in IV3000 has a unique molecular structure which is significantly more permeable to water vapor than ordinary films. This helps prevent the accumulation of moisture underneath the dressing and assists in the reduction of bacterial growth and the risk of catheter-related infection.
- Minimizes unscheduled dressing changes - The higher permeability of IV3000 keeps the skin drier so improving dressing adherence and reducing the number of unscheduled dressing changes.
- Greater patient comfort - IV3000 is kind to the patient's skin. It's low allergy adhesive and highly permeable Reactic film may help prevent skin maceration or irritation and result in improved patient comfort.
- Excellent catheter stability - The highly conformable IV3000 film allows the patient to move freely and yet will remain firmly adhered around the catheter hub so ensuring excellent fixation.
- Convenient visual inspection - IV3000 is transparent and so allows regular inspection of the catheter insertion site for signs of infection or phlebitis without the need for dressing removal.
- Easy application and removal - IV3000 is designed to provide easy aseptic application and removal. Its unique grid pattern adhesive reduces pain on removal due to grid adhesive spread and so minimizes patient discomfort on removal. It also leaves less adhesive residue on the patient's skin.
IndicationsIV3000 is indicated for peripheral and central venous catheter fixation.
- Provides physical separation between the catheter site and external environments to assist in preventing contamination of the catheter site.
- Creates an environment for managing moisture at the catheter site through increased Moisture Vapor Transmission Rates.
PrecautionsIV3000 should be used on IV sites only. If a film dressing is required for open wounds such as pressure sores, burns or donor sites, OPSITE FLEXIGRID Adhesive Film Dressings should be used. Use on prepared dry skin only. Do not stack dressings or allow dressings to overlap. Periodically monitor the dressing and catheter site to confirm secure attachment and continued proper infusion, especially after bathing, showering, or if the dressing and catheter site becomes wet. If the dressing comes off, evaluate to ensure proper catheter placement, and then apply a new dressing. As with all adhesive products, apply and remove carefully from sensitive or fragile skin.
Instructions for use
- Step 1: Remove approximately half of the protector paper and centre the dressing over the insertion site.
- Step 2: Smooth the dressing down on to the patient's skin working from the catheter outwards and remove the remaining protector paper. Be careful not to apply the dressing under tension.
- Step 3: The protector paper may be removed from the orange tape handles and the entire handle adhered to the patient's skin.
- Step 4: Alternatively a portion of the tape handles can be torn off with the protector paper still in place. This can then be removed and the tape handles used to help secure the catheter hub or tubing. They may also be used for documentation.
- Step 5: Remove dressing by loosening the orange handles and stretching the dressing parallel to the patient's skin while stabilising the patient's skin and catheter with the other hand. Alternatively, use an alcohol wipe to break the adhesive seal. If the skin is particularly fragile, then warm soap and water may be used to break the adhesive bond and to ease the dressing off.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.