Ablenet Blue2 Bluetooth Switch
Ablenet Blue2 bluetooth switch allows user to quickly and easily connect one or two accessibility switches to the device with the help of Bluetooth connection. It is the Bluetooth switch interface that is most frequently used on laptops, tablets, and smartphones. The device must have Switch available software; some devices already have this software, such as iOS 7 or later, macOS Mavericks 10.9 or later, and some Android versions.
- Chromebooks and Chromeboxes
- Android phones running on Android 9 or newer version
- Desktop, laptop, and tablet computers running Windows 10
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7 or newer version
- Apple laptop and desktop computers running macOS Mavericks 10.9 or newer version
Blue2 Bluetooth Switch features:
- Long lasting rechargeable battery
- Rock-solid Bluetooth 4 connection
- Programmable with one to four custom keystrokes
- Pre-programmed for use with almost any switch scanning software
- Each Blue2 is serialized making it easy to pair when multiple Blue2 are present in the same room
- Two external switch jacks for use with alternative access switches (e.g. BIG Candy Corn, Jelly Bean, Big Red, etc)
What's New in Blue2 4th Generation:
- Improved battery life
- Lightning fast connection to your device via Bluetooth 4
- Monitor Blue2’s battery level from your tablet, mobile phone, or computer
- For switch clicks, a new mode with left- and right-mouse click functionality has been introduced.
*Switch accessible Software is not included
*Please contact the software developer to inquire if switch access is available and what keystrokes they recognize as switch clicks.
|Ablenet Blue2 Bluetooth Switch|
|Switch Type||Mechanical, Bluetooth wireless|
|Single / Dual Multi||Dual|
|Activation Surface (In/Cm)||2.75 x 2.75 / 7 x 7|
|Activation Force (Oz/G)||7 / 198|
|Travel Before Activation (In/Cm)||0.05 / .127|
|Feedback||Auditory Click, Tactile|
|Plug Size (In/Mm)||Bluetooth wireless|
Blue2 4th Generation Quick Start Guide
Blue2 Bluetooth Quick Start Guide
Simplifying Switch Access with Recipes - iOS 10
iOS 10 Switch Control User Guide
iOS 11 Switch Control User Guide
iOS 12 Switch Control User Guide
iOS 13 Recipes
iOS 13 Switch Control User Guide
iOS 7 Switch Control User Guide
iOS 9 Switch Control User Guide
- Manufacturer provides “Two year limited warranty” against defects in materials and manufacturing form the date of purchase.
- The limited warranty is not transferable and is only offered to the first customer who purchases the product.
- Defects or damage that result from: improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; subjecting the products to abnormal usage or conditions; or other acts which are not the fault of manufacturer, are excluded from coverage.
- The warranty does not extend to non-durable components, such as rubber accessories, casters, and grips, which are subject to normal wear and need periodic replacement.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
- No returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted
- The products must be in new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging (if not restocking fee may apply) and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- We are unable to accept returns or exchange of car seat products due to safety regulations and restrictions
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product
Q: Battery Life
A: The average battery life of the Blue2 is found to be 13 hours with general use.
Q: Switch Options (Internal and External)
A: The Blue2 has two built-in switches, one white and one orange. These switches can be used to active two independent functions in any of the six available modes. You may also opt to connect an alternative switch to the Blue2. This can be done by using either (or both) of the 3.5mm connections on the back of the Blue2.
Please note: any switch that is connect to the Blue2 will emulate the same function as the built-in switches. They cannot be assigned independent functions.
Q: Pairing Details
A: Pairing Methodology
The Blue2 can be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, or Chrome device. Functionality may be limited depending on the device you are pairing with the Blue2. The Blue2 is designed to be "seen" by other devices like a Bluetooth keyboard, therefore the information transmitted from the Blue2 to a device is a keyboard keystroke. For example, Mode 1 of the Blue2 sends a "space bar" when pressing the white switch (or switch labeled S1) and "enter key" for the orange switch (or S2).
Pairing with a Device
- Turn Blue2 on using the on/off switch.
- Press the pairing button on Blue2 one time.
- In your devices Bluetooth® settings find and select BLUE2.
- Repeatedly tap the mode button on Blue2 to select a mode.
- Set up any settings for your chosen method of switch access within the app or through accessibility options on the device you paired with Blue2.
- Blue2 is now ready for use with your device and/or app.
A: Blue2 can be paired to any iOS or MacOS device to be used for the accessibility option called "Switch Control". Switch Control is a powerful accessibility option that allows a user to quickly and effectively navigate their iOS or MacOS device by use of our Blue2. For further information please review our iOS 13 Switch Control User Guide.
Q: Configuring Blue2 with Android Accessibility
A: Blue2 can be paired to many Android devices to be used for Android accessibility options. To fully utilize these features you must be using a device that has Android operating system 5.0 or higher. For more details on the available options within Android accessibility use the following links.
Q: Configure Blue2 with an App
A: There are many applications in the marketplace for all of the supported hardware types of the Blue2. We recommend finding an application that will work with keyboard keystrokes (see "Pairing Details" section for additional information). Most apps built with accessibility in mind are very intuitive in terms of setup, but if you find an app that you like, we recommend accessing the user's manual for accessibility for details on available features and options within the app.
Q: Customizing Blue2
A: Customizing your Blue2 for alternative keyboard keystrokes is easy. By following this process, you can record custom key sequences to use with many switch accessible apps or for shortcuts to your favorite keyboard functions.
The Blue2 can be customized to play/ pause/ skip tracks when playing music.
Please follow these steps to customize your Blue2:
- Turn Blue2 on using the on/off switch.
- Plug a USB keyboard into the USB programming jack.
- More the "learn switch" to the left to turn it on.
- Select mode 4, 5, or 6.
- Activate switch 1 to start recording mode. The S1 light will blink while in recording mode.
- Activate up to four keystrokes that you would like recorded to Switch 1 on the USB keyboard.
- Activate Switch 1 to stop recording mode.
- Activate Switch 2 to start recording mode. The S2 light will blink while in recording mode.
- Activate up to four keystrokes that you would like recorded to Switch 2 on the USB keyboard.
- Activate Switch 2 to stop recording mode.
- Move the learn switch to the right to turn off.
- Remove USB keyboard.
- Select your new mode to use.