Ablenet Hook+ 3rd Generation switch interface
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
Ablenet Hook+ 3rd Generation switch interface is an Apple MFi approved switch interface that provides a reliable wired connection to the iPad and iPhone via the Lightning connector. Simply connect one to four switches like the Jelly Bean, Specs, or Big Red with Hook+. Switch control will automatically turn on, and the switches will automatically configure the first time you connect Hook+ to your iPad or iPhone. One switch configures to move the scan to the next item, and the second switch configures to select an item while scanning. Once configured, each switch can be changed to use any switch action available within the switch control settings. Hook+ now can wake your iPad or iPhone with a switch once the device has gone to sleep! You no longer need to keep your screen on and worry about using battery life when you are not using your device.
Hook+ gives you the power to use a switch like the Jelly Bean, Specs, or Big Red to:
What is a Switch Control?
Switch Control is an accessibility feature found in iOS 7 or later. Switch Control provides an on-screen interface that enables individuals with physical disabilities to control almost any feature on their iPad or iPhone via one or multiple switches. Without physically touching the screen of their iPad or iPhone, an individual can use nearly every feature on the iPad or iPhone by activating a switch. A switch can also be used to activate Siri and use voice commands to control their iPad or iPhone and home. To access Switch Control, on your iPad or iPhone, go to Settings app > Accessibility > Switch Control.
- Manufacturer provides “Two year limited warranty” against defects in materials and manufacturing form the date of purchase.
- The limited warranty is not transferable and is only offered to the first customer who purchases the product.
- Defects or damage that result from: improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; subjecting the products to abnormal usage or conditions; or other acts which are not the fault of manufacturer, are excluded from coverage.
- The warranty does not extend to non-durable components, such as rubber accessories, casters, and grips, which are subject to normal wear and need periodic replacement.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
- No returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted
- The products must be in new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging (if not restocking fee may apply) and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- We are unable to accept returns or exchange of car seat products due to safety regulations and restrictions
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product
Q: What devices are compatible with the Hook+?
A: Hook+ is compatible with the following Apple devices running iOS7 or later:
Q: Why is Hook+ only compatible with iOS 7 or newer?
A: Switch Control was introduced in iOS 7 and is required for Hook+ to function.
Q: My Apple device has a 30-pin connector, will it work with Hook+?
A: Unfortunately not, Hook+ uses a Lightning port connection to work with an Apple Device.
Q: Why is Hook+ Apple Accessibility API compliant and why does it matter?
A: Hook+ leverages Apple’s Accessibility API which assigns switch presses Assistive Switch Events to communicate when scanning. In order to use Hook+ it’s essential that you activate Switch Control. Assistive Switch Events can only occur when using a device with the Switch Control feature.
Being compatible with Apple’s Accessibility API offers several benefits for the Hook+, such as:
- Automatic device configuration when connecting with Apple device using Switch Control
- Consistency of switch access throughout any compatible apps
- Framework maintained by Apple, which means more frequent updates to benefit end-users
Q: Why would I want to use Switch Control instead of an app’s built-in switch scanning?
A: Switch Control gives the user the ability to control & navigate most areas & features of an Apple device, not just specific options within a app. This provides a user freedom to navigate all aspects of their device, rather than limiting them to one app.
Q: How is Hook+ different from Hook?
A: The Hook iPod Interface was designed specifically for controlling music on an iOS device when connected to its 30-pin connector. Hook+ is a switch interface that uses the Switch Control feature to allow a user to interact in most areas of an iOS device when connected via Lightning Port.
Q: How do I make my app compatible with Hook+?
A: You will need to integrate Apple’s simple UI Accessibility framework into your app. This framework will make the elements of your app compatible with Switch Control as well as other iOS accessibility features.
Q: Why can't use Hook+ to wake my iOS device after Auto-Lock puts my device to sleep?
A: If you have the Auto-Lock feature on or press the Power Button on your iOS device, the screen will turn off and the device goes into a sleep mode to conserve power. Unfortunately, while in this sleep mode, the iOS device shuts off power to the Lightning port and Hook+. To avoid this issue, we recommend that you avoid using the Auto-Lock feature or put your device into sleep mode while using Hook+. For individuals using Hook+ throughout the day, you can turn down screen brightness to help conserve battery life. You might want to consider connecting the Hook+ charger via micro USB cable and use it while continuously charging the battery.
To disable Auto-Lock feature:
- Tap the "Settings" icon
- Click “General”
- Select “Auto-Lock”
- Tap “Never” to prevent your iPad from automatically sleeping