Broda Additional Positioning Package
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
(* Manufacturer/Brand Pricing restrictions may apply)
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
product trials; delivery; setup and fitting services available for clients in our local service area
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Broda's Additional Positioning Package is designed to combine with Broda chairs, which work in tandem with comfort tension sitting to enhance individual immersion, alignment, and pressure redistribution. A modular seating system constructed of high-quality foam and wrapped in 4-way stretch, breathable waterproof fabric is included in the placement package. The APP seating system is a low-maintenance, simple-to-use solution that attaches to Broda chairs fast and securely. Broda positioning and mobility chairs can use an additional positioning seating system.
The Broda APP provides additional advantages for positioning and mobility chairs:
- Additional contouring improves posture and alignment.
- Allows for easy washing, which aids in infection prevention.
- Mild lumbar and lateral torso support is provided by the back support.
- Support, immersion, and envelopment improve pressure redistribution and comfort.
- To decrease stress on the vascular systems behind the knee, the seat cushion conforms to bony prominences and has a hard anterior with a soft rolled edge.
- Care provided through hospice
- Those who require further shaping and alignment for comfort and posture
- Those who require a high level of nursing assistance (Positioning Package)
- Pillow with soft foam that can be adjusted independently
- Bolsters for the shoulders (for use with Broda wing frame)
- The head is supported by a head support with raised edges.
- Calf support with raised edges to aid in lower extremity centering
- Mild lumbar and lateral torso support in a contoured back cushion
- Seat cushion with a contoured shape, a table base, and a replaceable cover
- Foot support has a non-slip surface and raised edges to help with foot support
Manufacturer warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship as per the schedule below:
- Ten years - On chair frame.
- One year - On all other components.
- A serial number or invoice number must be given for warranty coverage.
- In the event that manufacturer sends replacement parts to the customer, the customer will be invoiced for the replacement parts and shipping expense for the parts sent.
- Once the defective parts have been received by manufacturer, and determined to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship, a credit will be issued to the customer for the invoice amount (less shipping).
Disclaimer and Limitations of Remedies:
The chair frames are guaranteed for Three years against structural defects or failure. All other parts (except seat pads and cloth or vinyl covers) including but not limited to strapping, cushions, gas springs and attachments, casters, wheels, brakes and armrests are guaranteed for one year against defects in materials and workmanship based on normal institutional use. This warranty does not cover damages that arise from improper handling, cleaning, or negligent use; inclusive of exposure to improper solutions or abrasives, exposure to heat sources, use of sharp objects, excessive agitation, pooling of fluids, or similar negligent acts. The warranty does not cover use of manufacturer chairs in a shower or pool, with the exception of the manufacturer commode/shower chair.
Voiding of warranty
- Modifications to manufacturer products or the use of non-manufacturer supplied parts voids the warranty.
- This warranty does not cover freight damage.
- It is the responsibility of the person receiving the goods to examine cartons and goods before accepting receipt.
- If damage is observed, note all damages on the bill of lading and file a claim if necessary.
- Notify the carrier of any concealed damaged within 48 hours of receipt. Any pictures of the damaged product and packaging are valuable in submitting a claim.
- Manufacturer insures all products for in transit damage, failure to notify the carrier of in transit damage voids both the insurance and the warranty.
- Warranty does not include on-site labor for the installation of warranty parts or warranty repairs.
- The owner may return to manufacturer products for warranty replacement or repair by shipping items prepaid and insured to the factory.
- Warranty completed at the factory includes both materials and labor.
- The decision to repair or replace parts is at the discretion of manufacturer.
- This warranty does not cover products or parts thereof that have been subjected to abuse, misuse, neglect, unauthorized alteration or repair, damage during installation or improper installation, or use in conflict with or contrary to the product operational guidance provided by the manufacturer's manual.
- In the event of a defect covered by this warranty the manufacturer will at its option, repair or replace the product.
- The warranty does not extend to non-durable components, such as rubber accessories, casters, and grips, which are subject to normal wear and need periodic replacement.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions given by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- If any part is found defective manufacturer will refurbish or replace the same at its sole discretion.
- All returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- All returns must be shipped prepaid with RGA number clearly marked on the box.
- All returns are subject to inspection upon arrival for estimation of total refund.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product
Please call us for specific details
Are Broda’s chairs and wheelchairs considered geriatric (Geri) chairs or furniture?
- Broda's seats and wheelchairs, according to the FDA's Department of Health and Human Services, are classed as Class I Mechanical Wheelchairs and fall under the Medical Device category.
- The Prosthetic Clinical Management Program (PCMP) of the Veteran's Health Association has validated the clinical usage of Broda products as Manual Wheelchairs with Tilt and Recline Combination Seat Functions.
No! Durable Medical Equipment applies to all Broda products.
How much does it cost to buy one of Broda’s wheelchairs?
- Pricing varies by product type and is determined by the individual chair requirement and configuration, as well as the available buying alternatives. Our customer service representatives and partners will assist you in configuring the appropriate accessories, padding packages, colours, and features for your ideal fit.
Are additional cushions required or recommended when using a Broda Wheelchair?
- Not always, although it depends on the individual sitting requirements of each user. A seating evaluation should be done by an OT, PT, ATP, or a seating specialist. For most seating needs, Broda has a variety of custom options.
Are Broda’s Tilt-in-Space chairs or wheelchairs considered restraints?
- No! Broda's devices are Supportive Positioning Devices rather than restraints. Broda's Tilt-in-Space Seating Systems are not considered restraints when used appropriately after obtaining a physician's order and in compliance with the patient care plan.
How much tilt or recline is needed to be clinically effective?
- The larger the angle of tilt and recline, the better the pressure reduction. When tilt and recline are utilised combined, the biggest pressure decreases are noticed, whether at a tilt of 35° with a recline of 100° or a tilt of 15-25° with a recline of 120°. To obtain pressure relief and/or tissue perfusion at the ischial tuberosities, tilt must be more than roughly 25° when utilised alone. Recline, when employed alone, can enhance shear, but at angles larger than 90-100°, it can reduce pressure at the ischial tuberosities.
How do you clean and disinfect Broda's products?
- Clean with the required ratio of 1:4 bleach / water, peroxide, and quaternary ammonium. Rinse completely and wipe dry with clean water.
- Clean with a 1:4 solution of water-based cleaner. Bleach and water as a mixture. Rinse completely and wipe dry with clean water.
Broda's goods are simple to clean; to disinfect them on a regular basis, use the following solutions: