Cardinal Health Side Hemi Folding Walker
The Cardinal Health Side Hemi Walker, a reliable companion for individuals seeking balance and stability while standing and walking. Designed with precision and user convenience in mind, this walker is specially crafted for those with limited or no use of one hand or arm.
- Foldable Design: This hemi walker easily folds, ensuring convenient storage and transport, making it a practical choice for your mobility needs.
- Dual Hand Grips: Equipped with hand grips at two different heights, it aids in standing up from a seated position, offering you the support you require.
- Sturdy Base: The wide base provides exceptional stability and balance, instilling confidence as you move about.
- Adjustable Height: The easy push-button height adjustment system allows for fine-tuned customization in 1-inch increments, ensuring optimal comfort.
- Secure Support: Slip-resistant tips guarantee a secure footing, adding an extra layer of safety.
- Lightweight Alloy Construction: Crafted with a lightweight alloy, it's durable yet easy to handle, and it arrives fully assembled for immediate use.
- Latex-Free: This hemi walker is manufactured without the use of natural rubber latex, catering to various user needs.
- Height Ranges: The upper handle height can be adjusted between 29 in. and 36 in., while the lower handle height ranges from 23 inch to 30 inch.
- Impressive Weight Capacity: With a remarkable weight capacity of 500 lbs., it accommodates users of various sizes.
Sizing Your Hemi Walker:
- Stand comfortably beside a chair or wall in your regular walking shoes, ensuring balance. Allow your arm to hang naturally by your side with a slight bend at the elbow.
- The individual assisting you should measure from the ground to the crease in the center of your wrist.
- Adjust the height of your hemi walker so that the top hand grip aligns with the crease in the middle of your wrist.
- To adjust the height, press the push button and rotate the button section of the base, sliding it up or down to lengthen or shorten.
- Rotate the base until the button fully pops out into the adjustment hole, ensuring it's engaged by protruding through the bracket holes and producing an audible click.
- Confirm that all buttons have popped out completely, with all legs adjusted to ensure the hemi walker sits level. The correct height will have your elbows flexed between 20° and 30° when holding the top hand grip.
Adjusting Your Hemi Walker:
- Unpack your hemi walker, setting it upright.
- To open the walker, hold the upper handle with one hand and use the other hand to push the lock handle down to the brace between the shorter legs.
- Ensure the legs of the hemi walker are fully extended, and the lock handle securely locks on top of the cross brace.
- While wearing your regular walking shoes, stand with the hemi walker on your strong side or opposite the injured side. Adjust the height so that the top hand grip aligns with the crease in the middle of your wrist.
- To adjust the legs to the correct height, press the push buttons on each leg and slide them into the desired position before locking them into place. Ensure the legs are adjusted so the hemi walker sits level before use.
- To fold the walker, follow the steps in reverse from Step 2.
Before Each Use:
- Confirm that all legs are adjusted to ensure the hemi walker sits level.
- Ensure that all locking mechanisms and push buttons are fully engaged.
- Verify that hand grips are securely attached and do not slip.
- Inspect tips for wear or damage, discontinuing use if any issues arise until they are replaced.
- Position the hemi walker far enough to the side to allow adequate clearance for movement.
- Do not attempt to use stairs or escalators with the hemi walker unless trained by a healthcare provider.
- Be vigilant for potential safety hazards, including slippery, uneven, or soft surfaces, and obstacles in your path.
Using Your Hemi Walker:
- Use the hemi walker like a cane, placing it on your strong side or opposite the injured side.
- Begin by advancing the hemi walker forward, ensuring that all four legs make contact with the floor. Securely hold the top hand grip and move your injured leg forward, followed by your strong leg. End with both feet and the hemi walker in a line.
- Continue in this manner, taking short, smooth steps to maintain balance.
- As your stability improves, you may transition to a two-step sequence, moving the hemi walker and your injured leg forward together, followed by your strong leg.
- Caution: Always ensure someone is available to provide support until you are proficient at using your hemi walker.
Walker Three-Point Gait Pattern:
- Step 1 - Align the middle of your feet with the back legs of the walker.
- Step 2 - Ensure all four legs are in contact with the floor before placing your weight on the walker and comfortably lifting it in front and to the side of you.
- Step 3 - Step forward cautiously with your weak leg leading, followed by your other leg, placed alongside your weak leg. Repeat these steps to move forward.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.