Gold Dust Wound Filler, 3g - 10/box
Southwest Technologies Gold Dust™ Wound Filler 3g, High Absorbent Hydrophilic polymer
Gold Dust™ is a high absorbent hydrophilic polymer capable of absorbing large amounts of exudate and retaining the exudate in the matrix even under high pressures. The aqueous fluids remain trapped in the polymer matrix and can only be removed by evaporative drying or solvent extraction. Therefore, when used as a wound dressing, Gold Dust™ protects the wound tissue and the surrounding periwound areaFrom maceration and degradation. Gold Dust™ may be used as dry granules on highly exudating wounds, but the wounds must be monitored for the potential of over-drying the tissue. Often dressing changes can be reducedFrom several times a day to once a day or even once every 2 or 3 days. Thus, a great saving in time and supplies. Many chronic wounds are highly exudating and the large amount of exudate is attributable to a high bioburden in the wound site, which has resultedFrom the patient’s compromised immune system. By absorbing the exudate into the polymer matrix the nutrient supply and the environment for the bacterial growth is concentrated in the polymer matrix and not as much in the tissue. The absorption of the fluid also reduces the rate of reproduction of the microorganisms by reducing their ability to moveFreely and reduces the nutrient transport to the organism. This absorption of the fluid effectively reduces the irritation to the tissue and allows the healing process to proceed. The healing in turn reduces the amount of fluid produced, which reduces the amount of contamination, etc. and if the nutrition is sufficient, wound closure occurs.
- Enhances Debridement.
- Absorbs 100 times it's own weight.
- Easy application, Controls odor.
- Interacts with fluid drainage to form protective gel.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- All products with value at or under $25 are not returnable.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee. Call our customer service for details.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- All the products must be returned in new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
Please call us for specific details