Handicare Height adjustable manual tilting commode/shower chair
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
(* Manufacturer/Brand Pricing restrictions may apply)
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Note: If a polished stainless steel frame is chosen for the chair, the armrests are supplied with a white finish.
Handicare height adjustable manual tilting commode/shower chair is an assistive device allowing the user to sit down safely and comfortably during showering or toileting. It is supplied complete with toilet rails and can be used freestanding, with a bucket which is available as an accessory, or standing over a toilet. Height adjustable tilting commode/shower chair provides stable and secure support for less active users with weak legs, low stamina and/or poor balance, who are not able to sit up straight or who sit on the chair for longer periods of time and who require more support and assistance during showering, hair washing, toileting and seated transfers.
Height adjustable tilting chair can be reclined, at any angle between 0º and 35º. In order to ensure that the user always maintains a stable hip angle of 90º, the seat and backrest recline simultaneously. The height of the seat can also, easily and smoothly, be adjusted to between 22.8" and 40.9". These features allow the caregiver to always work in an ergonomic way when assisting the user; without having to bend over, and with no strain on the back, shoulders, arms and knees as a result. The wide range of seat heights also facilitates transfers and enables the caregiver to maintain eye contact with the user during washing and showering. Height adjustable tilt shower chair features manual height adjustment (using a hydraulic pump) and manual tilting operation (using a gas spring).
Comfortable and practical toilet seat: Tilting commode/shower chair features a soft and comfortable toilet seat with an open front making it easier for the user to reach intimate body parts without standing up. The toilet seat is hinged and can be lifted up for easier cleaning. The rails for the bedpan are attached directly to the frame and, as the toilet rails do not recline with the chair, the contents of the bedpan is safely kept even when the chair is in the reclined position.
Excellent back support for increased comfort and security: The backrest of the chair is curved and features a strong textile covering which is firmly attached to the frame and which adapts to the body temperature during use. This construction creates a depth which provides more support for the sides of the user’s body as well as a greater feeling of security, which is much appreciated by users. The chair also provides lumbar support for the lower back. This prevents the user from slipping backwards when the chair is reclined.
Optimal support for the head: Supporting the head is crucial when the chair is in the reclined position. In order to provide the best possible support, Tilting commode/shower chair is fitted with a headrest with adjustable height and depth. The covering of the headrest is concave, thereby effectively preventing the user's head from slipping.
Strong, practical armrests: Tilting commode/shower chair features strong, practical armrests designed to withstand a lot of load, including the sideways forces that are exerted during sideways transfers. The armrests offer comfortable support for the forearms while sitting and they are long enough to provide sustained support when standing up and sitting down. The armrests can be folded up individually, e.g. to facilitate a sideways transfers. When folded down, the armrest rests behind the backrest thereby preventing fingers, skin or hair from getting caught.
Height adjustable, swing-away footrests: The footrests are individually height adjustable and can be swung away not to get in the way for the user during sitting down or standing up from the chair. If necessary, the footrests can also be completely removed. The chair is also fitted with a removable calf support offering comfort and support for the user's legs when the chair is in the reclined position.
Durable, double braked castors: Tilting commode/shower chair is mobile, fitted with four plastic castors with a diameter of 125 mm, making the chair very easy to move between different locations as well as to maneuver, turn and adjust to different positions in various settings and situations. The castors are extremely robust and have a long track record of use in wet environments such as bathrooms. The double brakes on each castor ensure that the chair remains in a stable, fixed position when providing care and performing transfers.
Handicare Tilting commode/shower chair is available in polished stainless steel and in coated stainless steel in several colors (white, black, red, blue, cream). The backrest cover is made from woven polyester with plastic coating available in neutral white color only. The toilet seat and the armrests are made from polyurethane (PUR) foam with a closed cell structure and available in anthracite color only. Tilting commode/shower chair is supplied complete with lumbar support, calf support and toilet rails for bedpans with a diameter of 11.8" - 12.4".
- Wide height adjustment range
- Headrest with adjustable height and depth
- Watertight construction; solid tubular frame
- Prevents strain on back, shoulders and arms
- Mobile and very easy to move and maneuver
- Individually folding armrests with ergonomic shape
- Height adjustable and removable swing-away footrests
- Durable, double braked castors with a diameter of 4.9"
- Easy maintenance, clean regularly with normal household detergent
- Provides for ergonomically correct working positions for the caregiver
- Soft and comfortable toilet seat with open front or back for optimal hygiene
- Extremely sturdy, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 330.7 lbs.
- For showering and toileting; freestanding (with bucket) or standing over a toilet
- Stable and comfortable reclining support with smooth and easy height adjustment
- The seat height can be adjusted to ensure the optimal distance between toilet and chair
- Durable materials; stainless steel, textile and polyurethane foam, suitable for wet environments
- Excellent support in reclined position (head support, back and side support, lumbar support, calf support)
|Handicare height adjustable tilting commode/shower chair|
|Seat height||22.8" - 40.9"|
|Total height||47" - 65.2"|
|Castors diameter (Ø)||4.9"|
|Clearance, height||33.1" - 55.1"|
|Maximum load on armrest||165.3 lbs.|
|Maximum user weight||330.7 lbs.|
Manufacturer warranties that the product shall not have any defects with regard to material and design, for the following term:
- Manufacturer guarantees all equipment, which includes Ceiling Lifts, Floor Lifts, Bathroom Safety, Slings, Service Parts and Track & accessories, supplied as new, against failure within the period of One (1) year from date of installation or 18 months from date of manufacturing, whichever is shorter, by virtue of defects in material or workmanship.
- Manufacturer guarantees all refurbished equipment supplied against failure within a period of three months from date of installation or six months from date of purchase whichever is shorter.
- This guarantee does not apply to failure attributable to normal wear and tear, damage by natural forces, user neglect or misuse or to deliberate destruction, or to batteries more than 90 days after original purchase.
- This guarantee shall be void if the equipment is not serviced by manufacturer or its authorized service agents in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations or if any unauthorized person carries out works on the equipment.
- The liability of manufacturer under the terms of this guarantee shall be limited to the replacement of defective parts and in no event shall manufacturer incur liability for any consequential or unforeseeable losses.
- Equipment that is adjusted, modified or items added by persons other than the manufacturer or an approved representative will not be covered by this warranty.
- Any damage to accessories will not be covered by this warranty
- Equipment that is not treated with due care or is used in a way that is inconsistent with the guidelines will not be covered by the warranty.
- Appearance of items may change as a result of use and is not covered by this warrant
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
Please call us for Specific Details.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.