Handicare Self-propelled shower chair textile seat
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Note: If a polished stainless steel frame is chosen for the chair, the armrests are supplied with a white finish.
Handicare Self-propelled shower chair textile seat provides stable support for less active users with weak legs, low stamina and/or poor balance who sit on the chair for longer periods of time and who require more support and assistance during sit-to-stand and seated transfers. The shower chair is an assistive device allowing the user to sit down safely and comfortably during showering or at the washbasin.
Comfortable seat and backrest: The chair features a seat and a backrest which are designed to provide comfortable and ergonomic support. Both are made from a strong textile covering; a woven polyester with plastic coating, which is stretched tightly and firmly attached to the frame and which adapts to the body temperature during use. The covering is fully glued around and flush with the frame to facilitate sideways and standing transfers and provide for good hygiene.
Strong and practical armrests: Shower chair textile seat features strong and practical armrests designed to withstand a lot of load, including the sideways forces that are exerted during sideways transfers.The armrests offer comfortable support for the forearms while sitting and they are long enough to provide sustained support when standing up and sitting down. The armrests can be folded up individually, e.g. to facilitate a sideways transfers. When folded down, the armrest rests behind the backrest thereby preventing fingers, skin or hair from getting caught.
Durable, double braked castors and 24" self-propelling wheels: Self-propelled shower chair textile seat is fitted with two plastic castors with a diameter of 4.9" making the chair very easy to move between different locations as well as to maneuver, turn and adjust to different positions. The castors are extremely robust and have a long track record of use in wet environments such as bathrooms. The double brakes on each castor ensure that the chair remains in a stable, fixed position when providing care and performing transfers. The chair is also fitted with two self-propelling plastic wheels with a diameter of 24". The self-propelling wheels feature a handrim and a brake, allowing the user to, easily and independently, maneuver, turn and adjust the chair to different positions in various settings and situations.
Height adjustable footrests for optimal support: All variants of the self-propelling chair feature height adjustable footrests providing optimal support for all users. A connector rod ensures that height adjustment is always symmetrical, allowing for both feet to be at the same height. The footrests can be folded up in under the seat not to get in the way for the user during sitting down or standing up from the chair.
- Very easy to use
- Solid, compact and hygienic design
- Height adjustable, swing-up footrest
- Stable, secure and comfortable support
- Durable, double braked castors, Ø 4.9"
- Watertight construction; solid tubular frame
- 24" self-propelling wheels with handrim and brake
- Individually folding armrests with ergonomic shape
- Two different seat heights are available; 21.3" or 19.3"
- Comfortable seat and backrest; water-proof with drainage
- Mobile/self-propelling and very easy to move and maneuver
- Easy maintenance, clean regularly with normal household detergent
- Strong and sturdy, provides reliable support for users weighs up to 440.9 lbs.
- Durable materials; steel/stainless steel, textile and polyurethane foam, suitable for wet environments
|Handicare Self propelled shower chair textile seat|
|Castors diameter (Ø)||4.9"||4.9"|
|Self-propelling wheels diameter (Ø)||24"||24"|
|Maximum load on armrest||220.5 lbs.||220.5 lbs.|
|Maximum user weight||440.9 lbs.||440.9 lbs.|
Manufacturer warrants all its products and services, to the original purchaser, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship and will operate substantially in conformance to Manufacturer's or Manufacturer's suppliers published specifications, for a period of Two (2) years from the date of shipment to original purchaser except for:
- One year warranty - For cushion covers for shower seats and neoprene parts
- In no event shall Manufacturer have any obligation to make repairs, replacements, or corrections required in whole or in part as a result of:
- Normal wear and tear
- Accident or disaster
- Misuse, fault or neglect of or by purchaser
- Use of products in a manner for which they were not designed or operation of product beyond capacity
- Causes external to product such as but not limited to power failure or electrical power surges
- Parts damage due to improper installation
- Use of product in combination with equipment or software not supplied by manufacturer
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.