Handicare Tilting commode/shower chair
(* Manufacturer/Brand Pricing restrictions may apply)
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Note: If a polished stainless steel frame is chosen for the chair, the armrests are supplied with a white finish.
Handicare Tilting commode/shower chair can be manually reclined, at any angle between 0º and 30º, using a gas spring. This feature allows the caregiver to always work in an ergonomic way when assisting the user. In order to ensure that the user always maintains a stable hip angle of 90º, the seat and backrest recline simultaneously. Tilting commode shower chair is an assistive device allowing the user to sit down safely and comfortably during showering or toileting. Handicare tilt shower commode chair is supplied complete with toilet rails and can be used freestanding, with a bedpan which is available as an accessory, or standing over a toilet.
Tilting commode/shower chair provides stable and secure support for less active users with weak legs, low stamina and/or poor balance, who are not able to sit up straight or who sit on the chair for longer periods of time and who require more support and assistance during showering, hair washing, toileting and seated transfers.
Comfortable and practical toilet seat: Tilting commode/shower chair features a soft and comfortable toilet seat with an open front making it easier for the user to reach intimate body parts without standing up. The toilet seat is hinged and can be lifted up for easier cleaning.The rails for the bedpan are attached directly to the frame and, as the toilet rails do not recline with the chair, the contents of the bedpan is safely kept even when the chair is in the reclined position.
Excellent back support for increased comfort and security: The backrest of the chair is curved and features a strong textile covering which is firmly attached to the frame and which adapts to the body temperature during use. This construction creates a depth which provides more support for the sides of the user’s body as well as a greater feeling of security, which is much appreciated by users. The chair also provides lumbar support for the lower back. This prevents the user from slipping backwards when the chair is reclined.
Optimal support for the head: Supporting the head is crucial when the chair is in the reclined position. In order to provide the best possible support, Tilting commode/shower chair is fitted with a headrest with adjustable height and depth. The covering of the headrest is concave, thereby effectively preventing the user's head from slipping.
Strong, practical armrests: Tilting commode/shower chair features strong, practical armrests designed to withstand a lot of load, including the sideways forces that are exerted during sideways transfers. The armrests offer comfortable support for the forearms while sitting and they are long enough to provide sustained support when standing up and sitting down. The armrests can be folded up individually, e.g. to facilitate a sideways transfers. When folded down, the armrest rests behind the backrest thereby preventing fingers, skin or hair from getting caught.
Height adjustable, swing-away footrests: The footrests are individually height adjustable and can be swung away not to get in the way for the user during sitting down or standing up from the chair. If necessary, the footrests can also be completely removed.The chair is also fitted with a removable calf support offering comfort and support for the user's legs when the chair is in the reclined position.
Durable, double braked castors: Tilting commode/shower chair is mobile, fitted with four plastic castors with a diameter of 125 mm, making the chair very easy to move between different locations as well as to maneuver, turn and adjust to different positions in various settings and situations. The castors are extremely robust and have a long track record of use in wet environments such as bathrooms. The double brakes on each castor ensure that the chair remains in a stable, fixed position when providing care and performing transfers.
Handicare Tilting commode/shower chair is available in polished stainless steel and in coated stainless steel in several colors (white, black, red, blue, cream). The backrest cover is made from woven polyester with plastic coating available in neutral white color only. The toilet seat and the armrests are made from polyurethane (PUR) foam with a closed cell structure and available in anthracite color only. Tilting commode/shower chair is supplied complete with lumbar support, calf support and toilet rails for bedpans with a diameter of 11.8" - 12.4".
- Durable, double braked castors, Ø 4.9"
- Stable and comfortable reclining support
- Headrest with adjustable height and depth
- Watertight construction; solid tubular frame
- Mobile and very easy to move and maneuver
- Individually folding armrests with ergonomic shape
- Height adjustable and removable swing-away footrests
- 30º manual/hydraulic tilting operation using a gas spring
- Easy maintenance, clean regularly with normal household detergent
- Soft, comfortable, hinged toilet seat with open front for optimal hygiene
- Extremely sturdy, provides reliable support for users weighing up to 330.7 lbs.
- Durable materials; stainless steel, textile and polyurethane foam, suitable for wet environments
- Excellent support in reclined position (head support, back and side support, lumbar support, calf support)
- For showering and toileting; freestanding (with bedpan) or standing over a toilet with a maximum height of 17.7"
|Handicare Tilting commode/shower chair|
|Castors diameter (Ø)||4.9"|
|Maximum load on armrest||165.3 lbs.|
|Maximum user weight||330.7 lbs.|
Manufacturer warrants all its products and services, to the original purchaser, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship and will operate substantially in conformance to Manufacturer's or Manufacturer's suppliers published specifications, for a period of Two (2) years from the date of shipment to original purchaser except for:
- One year warranty - For cushion covers for shower seats and neoprene parts
- In no event shall Manufacturer have any obligation to make repairs, replacements, or corrections required in whole or in part as a result of:
- Normal wear and tear
- Accident or disaster
- Misuse, fault or neglect of or by purchaser
- Use of products in a manner for which they were not designed or operation of product beyond capacity
- Causes external to product such as but not limited to power failure or electrical power surges
- Parts damage due to improper installation
- Use of product in combination with equipment or software not supplied by manufacturer
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.