Prism Band Sling for Limb Support - Handicare
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
Prism medical band sling is made to help caregivers support and place limbs for various duties. The band limb support sling is great for supporting limbs to allow for dressing changes on arms, hands, legs, and feet, as well as elevating and holding limbs during surgery. Proper limb support, height, and a pleasant surface are all provided. To turn a client in bed, Handicare band slings can be utilised with a ceiling lift.
- Designed to make it easier for carers to support and position limbs.
- Wound treatment, leg/venous wrapping, foot care, hygiene care, sling application, bed exercises, and general limb elevation are examples of situations.
Because of the little amount of material used in the band sling's design, it may be a good alternative for turning patients and elevating specific parts of the body for easy access.
- Placing under the hips may allow the hips to be slightly elevated, resulting in a modest pelvic bridge position.
- The band sling, worn under the shoulder, may enable for shoulder/torsoelevation for access to the head, scalp, and hair, among other things.
Requirements for use:
Prism Medical band sling system, which is used for lifting and transporting, is not appropriate for everyone. This technique of use necessitates a high level of upper body strength, trunk control, endurance, collaboration, and intellect on the part of the client. Before using this approach for lifting and transporting, each client should be examined by a licenced health practitioner. Individuals should be assessed on a regular basis to ensure that they are still suitable for the right sling and transfer procedure.
During the application process, it is critical that the sling be applied to limit the risk of skin irritation. As a result, the sling should be folded in thirds or twelves, with the strap folded under the sling. In locations of minimal leg-bed contact, such as the back of the knee, the sling should be put under the leg/limb.
Once the sling is in position, gently remove the folded section of the leg strap to avoid skin contact. Due to limb size or technique, it may be desirable to use two band slings in some circumstances. This may necessitate moving the band slings during the process, but it ensures maximum support. The band sling can also be applied using the traditional log roll method.
Quilted fabric features
- When necessary, it is easily cleaned.
- Quilted open-cell foam and polyester in a one-of-a-kind combination
- Users will be more comfortable, and there will be less bunching under their legs.
- The body of the sling is made of mesh, and the leg supports are made of Quilted Mesh.
- Seated type transfers are extremely durable and permeable, letting air and water to pass through.
|Prism Medical Band/Limb Quilted Sling|
|Safe Working Load||450 lbs.||450 lbs.|
- Prism Medical slings are warranted against manufacturer defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty does not apply to failure attributable to normal wear and tear, damage by natural forces, user neglect, user misuse, or deliberate destruction.
- The liability of Prism Medical under the terms of this guarantee shall be limited to the replacement of the sling.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- Unfortunately hygiene items cannot be returned once opened, due to health concerns.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details