Prism Hammock Sling - Handicare
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
Prism Medical Hammock slings are frequently utilized when a universal sling is ineffective due to the patient's weak body tone. It can be worn in a divided leg or cross-over configuration, which gives amputees good support (risk assessment must be carried out for amputee clients). Prism hammock lift slings have leg and shoulder straps as well as many color-coded loops to allow different seating positions. When a general-purpose sling, such as the universal sling, isn't suitable due to weak body tone, this is frequently the sling of choice. The Hammock Sling was created specially for individuals who require a sling that provides maximum sacral support.
- Commode with a small opening
- In a seated or supine position, divided leg supports can be applied and removed.
- Leg straps can be worn in a variety of positions to provide varying levels of support.
- Various sat and semi-reclined positions can be accommodated by a variety of loop and strap alternatives.
- On each side, built-in caregiver handles provide an extra level of control when moving and transferring the user.
- Supports the hips and sacrum, as well as the thighs and underarms up to the shoulders, with optional head support.
|Prism Medical Hammock Sling With Head Support|
|Size||Child||Junior||Small||Medium||Large||Extra Large||Extra Extra Large|
|Sling Height||< 3 feet||< 3 - 4 feet||4 - 5'6 feet||5 - 6 feet||6 - 7 feet||6 - 7 feet||> 6.5 feet|
|Sling Weight||< 70 lbs.||70 - 110 lbs.||95 - 150 lbs.||125 - 250 lbs.||250 - 400 lbs.||400 - 480 lbs.||> 480 lbs.|
|Safe Working Load||450 lbs.||450 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||1,000 lbs.||-|
|Safe Working Load (Spacer)||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||-|
|Safe Working Load (Quilted)|
|800 lbs.||800 lbs.||800 lbs.||800 lbs.||800 lbs.||800 lbs.|
- Prism Medical slings are warranted against manufacturer defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty does not apply to failure attributable to normal wear and tear, damage by natural forces, user neglect, user misuse, or deliberate destruction.
- The liability of Prism Medical under the terms of this guarantee shall be limited to the replacement of the sling.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- Unfortunately hygiene items cannot be returned once opened, due to health concerns.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details
When should you use a hammock sling?
How do you use a hammock sling?
How do you use a mechanical lift with a hammock sling?
- Place the patient on a side.
- Fold the sling in half and store it (lengthwise).
- Fold the sling in half and tuck it under the body.
- The patient should be rolled in the opposite way.
- Take the folded section and move it to the opposite side.
- Return the patient to their back in a supine position.
Note: It is indeed a "process" that requires caregiver patience.