Quickie Xtender power assist system
(* Manufacturer/Brand Pricing restrictions may apply)
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
product trials; delivery; setup and fitting services available for clients in our local service area
Quickie Xtender power assist system expands the range of mobility for manual wheelchair users by adding power assisted wheels to a manual frame. The Xtender increases your travel distance and propulsion efficiency and reduces overall fatigue while allowing you to maintain the look, control, and functionality of a manual wheelchair.
The Xtender features motorized rear wheels that increase the force you apply to the handrims. This increases your range of mobility by reducing energy expenditure by as much as 45% and decreasing the burn of fatigue. Research has also shown that the Xtender manual power assist may help reduce or even prevent the occurrence of secondary injuries to the wrists, elbows, and shoulders including Repetitive strain injury.
Automatic wheel synchronization
The Xtender's electronically synchronized rear wheel units continually communicate with each other and adjust their speeds to facilitate smooth, straight propulsion. This helps overcome uneven arm strength to further increase propulsion efficiency, which may be particularly beneficial to users with hemiplegia, paraplegia, quadriplegia, or tetraplegia.
Quick-release wheels and easy storage
The Xtender's quick-release wheels allow you to remove the entire wheel assembly from the wheelchair. This allows for easy transitions between traditional manual and assisted propulsion. Because the Xtender is used with manual wheelchair frames, it stores and transports just like a manual wheelchair.
Rollback prevention and downhill speed control
The user-friendly Xtender wheelchair accessory features several functions that require zero programming, including rollback prevention and downhill speed control. During hill climbs, rollback prevention maximizes your efficiency and reduces fatigue. Downhill speed control ensures a smooth, safe descent.
|Quickie Xtender power assist system Specifications|
|Compatible with||Quickie 2|
Quickie Q7 NextGen
Quickie GP Series
|Frame Style||Power Assist Add-On Available on Rigid and Folding Frames|
|Overall Weight||with Lithium Battery: 37 lbs. off chair|
with Nickel Battery: 35 lbs. off chair
|User Weight Capacity||265 lbs.|
|Battery Options||Lithium or Nickel|
|Battery Capacity||Lithium: 9 hours|
Nickel: 7 hours
|Time to Full Battery Charge||Lithium: 3 to 4.5 hours|
Nickel: 2.5 to 3 hours
|Maximim Range on Full Charge||Lithium: 22 miles|
Nickel: 13 miles
|Wheels||24" Electric Assist Wheels with Pneumatic Tires|
22" Electric Assist Wheels with Pneumatic Tires
|Available Handrims||Stainless Steel or Plastic Coated|
|Quickie Xtender™ with 4x Torque Multiplier and Pneumatic Wheels|
Xtender Power Pack and Charger
SPARE 24" Spoke Pneumatic Alum
SPARE 24" Spoke Pneumatic Plastic
The manufacturer warrants all of its products against defects in material & workmanship according to the schedule below:
- The manufacturer warrants the frame and cross brace if applicable of this wheelchair against defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original purchaser.
- The expected life of this frame is Five years.
- All Sunrise-made parts and components of this wheelchair are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for One year from the date of first consumer purchase.
- The Warranty does not cover tires and tubes, upholstery, pads and push-handle grips which are subject to damage from neglect, accident, misuse, or from improper installation or repair.
- The warranty is void if products are modified without Sunrise Medicals express written consent or damage occurs from exceeding the weight limit.
- Standard manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
- This is a special order item and cannot be returned.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- Returns will be accepted only if a wrong product is delivered other than what originally ordered.
- It is customer's responsibility to check the product upon delivery and note any such discrepancy at the earliest and report the dealer.
- Hygiene products will not be returned once used or opened.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.