Rifton small prone stander
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
product trials; delivery; setup and fitting services available for clients in our local service area
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Rifton small prone stander allow for physical development and greater social interaction - enabling clients to experience the world more fully while building strength for the future. Prone standers provide anterior support and stability while encouraging weight-bearing and use of both hands and arms. Rifton Prone standers is fully adjustable, can "grow" with clients as their skills develop.Therapeutic benefits of standing:
- Build head control
- Strengthen lower-body muscles
- Stretch hip flexor and leg contractures
- Position the user at eye-level to peers for social interaction
- Provide hip alignment through comfortable postural supports
- Adjustments are easy to make
- Calibrated angle adjustment positions the client from 0 to 85°
- Optional accessories enable therapists to customize the supports to a client's needs
- When vertical, the Prone stander's footboard is almost at floor level, making transfers easy
Casters - Double-locking casters prevent roll and swivel during transfers.
Kneeboard - Prone stander kneeboard can be removed for small children.
Footboard - The user-friendly hand crank adjusts the Supine stander board from horizontal to vertical.
S-curve frame - The upright stander's curved frame takes up less floor space and allows the caregiver to attend to a client without difficulty.
Height adjustment - Adjust the height of the main board and footboard separately to achieve the best possible upright postural control for client.
Angle indicator - The angle indicator is calibrated from 0° to 85° so you can accurately measure and chart a client's progress towards upright standing. The angle indicator can also be helpful if you are using the Prone stander with multiple clients and need to protocol the stander angle necessary for each client.
Why use a Prone Stander?
- To minimize extensor tone: The prone tilt of the main board engages the pull of gravity to counteract extensor tone and thrust.
- For pressure relief: Great temporary alternative to wheelchair positioning relieving pressure on the ischial tuberosities and other areas susceptible to skin breakdown.
- For better hip extension and alignment: Hip range of motion and integrity can be maintained in the prone position with the firm anterior support and the abductor options.
- For gradual increase in weight-bearing: The zero to 85° angle adjustment is calibrated for accurate positioning making it easy to monitor and adjust the rate and amount of weight-bearing the user can manage comfortably.
- For upright social interaction: With adjustability from horizontal to 85° of upright positioning, the Prone stander offers users the opportunity to be at eye-level with their peers and participate in class activities while still being supported adequately at the trunk.
- For improving head and trunk control: The prone tilt of the main board engages the pull of gravity on the head and upper trunk cueing the use of the neck and trunk extensor muscles in maintaining an upright head position. The main board can also be lowered to increase the postural challenge to the upper trunk.
|Rifton small prone stander|
|Board Length||23½" (16" w/o Kneeboard)|
|Board Width (Top)||12½"|
|Board Width (Bottom)||12½"|
|Distance between Lateral Supports||8" -16"|
|Height when Horizontal||29½"|
|Height when Vertical||38½"|
|Maximum Working Load||100 lbs.|
|Top of Board to Footboard||18" - 35"|
|Tray Inside Width at Widest Point||22½"|
|Tray Inside Length||17½"|
- The manufacturer warranties that if any product breaks or fails in service during the first year, it will be replaced free of charge.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
- If you wish to return the product, please call for return instructions within 30 days of receiving it.
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee on Retail Price.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- Please hold on to your carton and packaging materials until you are certain that your order fulfills your needs.
- The manufacturer will arrange all the details and pay for the return shipment.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product.
Please call us for specific details.