SmartDrive MX2+ roller replacement kit
SmartDrive MX2+ roller replacement kit comes with 4 motor outer covers & 16 rollers with bearings.
|Many ways and many reasons, to choose SmartDrive to do more|
Most manual wheelchair users have a pain problem and then they report it at significantly higher levels than those that those who don't use manual wheelchairs. Pain, fatigue and the planning associated with pushing a wheelchair make it tempting to say no to things that users love or want to do. But if manual wheelchair users could do more by pushing 80% less. Then, below is the link to learn how users decided on (and came to love) using a SmartDrive.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- This is a special order item and cannot be returned.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- Returns will be accepted only if a wrong product is delivered other than what originally ordered or product received with manufacturing defect.
- It is customer's responsibility to check the product upon delivery and note any such discrepancy at the earliest and report the dealer.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
How long does a smart drive in wristband charge last when they’re in constant use?
- Wristband takes about 2.5 hours plugged in to fully charge and has a driving range of 14.2 miles.
Can i use with a manual that is non-power wheelchairs?
- Yes it will work with both manual folding and rigid wheelchairs. SmartDrive advances daily mobility for the manual wheelchair user.
What is the weight capacity?
- Weight capacity: 331 lbs. Starting Weight: 13.5 lbs.
How is my driving performance calculated?
- Driving time of day
- Distracted driving due to phone handling
- Hard and extreme braking
- Speeds at or above 80 mph
SmartDrive combines information from your driving behavior with an overall profile that is used to calculate your performance rating score. The information collected includes:
What do these icons mean?
- Phone Handling - Phone use can distract you and take your mind off the road. Please be aware and make the roads safe for all.
- Speeding - You’ll receive a speeding indicator when your speed exceeds 80 mph. Studies show the safest speeds are 80 mph and below.
- Sudden Braking - Occurs when your speed is greatly reduced in a short amount of time. Prevent this by keeping a safe following distance.
These icons show when a driving event has occurred. Just a single one of these events will have little significance in your performance score, but we want to make you aware of your driving habits.
How do you use wheelchair on smartdrive?
Does this come with the axle bar to be able to use it on folding wheelchairs?
- Yes. When ordering, Please select the type of chair you have (rigid or folding) and it will come with an axle.
Why isn’t my SmartDrive engaging?
- Is your SmarDrive powered on?
- Is your PushTracker in “SD On” mode-the blue light should be flashing.
- Are you in MX2+ mode- a double tap will engage the motor. If you are in MX2 mode, a push on the hand rim will engage the motor.
Generally, you should check the following:
Can my SmartDrive slow me down?
Unfortunately No, SmartDrive is incapable of providing any braking for the chair. This means that after you turn on the motor you will need to manually grab the hand-rims and bring your chair to a stop. This also means that your SmartDrive cannot slow you down going down a ramp or a hill.
Do I need to re-pair my PushTracker to my SmartDrive?
No, the only time you need to re-pair your PushTracker to your SmartDrive is after performing an over-the-air (OTA) update. After doing that the PushTracker will automatically go into pairing mode when you try to connect or turn “SD On”.
Why won't my PushTracker connect to my phone?
If you are using Android then it might be because the phone has saved the pairing information-which will prevent the PushTracker from establishing a solid connection. To fix this, simply open your phone’s Bluetooth settings menu and tap “Forget” on the PushTracker that shows up on that menu. Once you have done that, re-start the Smart Evaluation app and the PushTracker should be able to reliably connect- without needing to re-pair the phone.
How can I make the SmartDrive safe for children?
The SmartDrive is safe for children to use, but we do recommend the best way to ensure safety is to train them on proper tapping and braking techniques. Moreover, we have included the ability to limit the max speed of the SmartDrive (from 0.5 miles per hour to 5.5 miles per hour) as well as the acceleration rate of the SmartDrive. For someone who is just learning to push or to use a SmartDrive we recommend setting both very low.
*With the new Smart Evaluation App, you can do this directly from the app!
Why should I want a SmartDrive?
You should be active and able to go out into the world! With pushing however, unlike the general advice with walking (where people cannot walk too much), people CAN push too much! If you push too much then you will be more likely to get pain and injury in your arms and shoulders, which may limit your independence. With the SmartDrive you are still able to push around in your chair as you normally would, but you can now go farther and faster with less effort! Use it when you need to get somewhere fast or up a big hill- don’t kill your shoulders if you don’t have to! Enjoy your journey with your SmartDrive!