Smith & Nephew Acticoat Flex 3 Silver Square Barrier Dressing, 2 x 2 Inch
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
Smith & Nephew Acticoat Flex 3 Antimicrobial barrier dressing consist of a single layer of knitted polyester to ensure ultimate flexibility and comfort during wear time for the patient.Sustained antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of wound pathogens including MRSA and pseudomonas aeruginosa: Helps remove some barriers, allowing the patient to regain control and progress the wound to closure.Indications: For use on partial and full thickness wounds and this includes, first and second degree burns, covering of grafts, surgical sites, venous ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers.Contraindications: Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver, in patients undergoing MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) it must be removed from the area within the anatomical field being imaged, if it is being used on any area not within the image field, it may remain in place during the MRI, prior to administering radiation therapy, remove it, a new dressing can be applied following treatment.Soft and highly flexible with stretch properties: Moves with the patient when they need to move the affected body part with minimum local trauma, minimizes discomfort for the patient.Precautions: It is not compatible with oil-based products- such as petrolatum, avoid contact with electrodes and conductive gels during electronic measurements like EEG and ECG, for external use only, for example do not apply the dressing to exposed organs, it is not intended for use on third degree burns, it should only be used on premature infants when the clinical benefit outweighs the potential risks, it is not intended to provide sole treatment for infected wounds, it may be used on infected wounds which are being managed per local clinical protocol, there may be transient pain (or stinging) experienced on application of it, this can be minimized be carefully following the application instructions, should continuous pain be experienced after application, remove the dressing and discontinue use, the color of the dressing may vary, this does not affect the performance of the dressing.
- Low adherent wound contact layer: Helps prevent trauma on removal to optimize closure times.
- Easy to apply, can be removed in one piece to minimize trauma and reduce the time taken for dressing changes.
- Rapidly kills bacteria in as little as thirty minutes: Antibacterial action helps provide rapid protection from bacterial colonization.
- Allows exudate transport through the dressing: This helps reduce the risk of maceration for faster closure with less potential for leakage and odor.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.