BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheter
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheters are made by BD Becton Dickinson of BD Vialon combines needle stick safety with a closed system design. The result is a virtually bloodless procedure and greater safety for you, all from the first closed IV catheter system available for vascular access. Made of clinically proven BD Vialon Biomaterial.BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Catheters offering passive needle shielding to provide the highest degree of safety. The integrated system provides added protection from blood and blood-borne pathogens. The unique, telescoping safety shield of the Saf-T-Intima covers the needle after use to help protect caregivers against accidental needle-sticks injuries. A removable PRN adapter lets caregivers connect with their choice of needle-less injection system or infusion line. The multipurpose design features an integral extension set with a slide clamp and a unique "Y" adapter so you can preconnect the BD Saf-T-Intima Integrated IV Catheter and create a closed catheter system for a virtually bloodless insertion. Click the following link for BD Saf-T-Intima Closed IV Set Practices.
BD Saf-T-IntimaIV cathetersystem combines advanced needle-stick safety with an innovative closed catheter system design. Theresult is a virtually bloodless insertion and greater safety for you, all from the first and only integrated IV catheter system available for vascular access. The patented shielding design incorporates a telescoping needle shield that passively covers the stylet as it is withdrawn from the catheter,safeguarding the clinician and others from potential sharps injury. The pre-attached extension tubing offers a closed system, ensuring a virtually bloodless venipuncture. BD Saf-T-Intima closed IV catheter system lets you set an extra level of defence against exposure to blood borne pathogens.For added versatility, the removable PRN adapter allows the use of any needle-less closed IV access device. The BD Saf-T-Intima closed IVcatheter system with “Y” adapter allows for pre-priming and flushing during venipuncture. BD Saf-T-Intima closed IV catheter system with passive needle shielding. One more choice of safety-engineered catheters from BD, designed with your safety in mind.
- Removable PRN adapter allows the use of any needleless closed IV access device.
- Allows for pre-priming and flushing during venipuncture.
- IV catheters made of BD Vialon biomaterial provide easier to insert, while providing longer indwelling times with improved patient outcomes.
- Catheters made of Vialon are substantially less phlebitogenic than catheters made of Teflon.
- For severe phlebitis, the reduction in risk by using Vialon is nearly 30% overall.
- An excellent choice for fragile vessels or vessels that have lost venous tone, such as any chronically ill patient who has compromised vein status, neonates, and geriatrics.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.