Atos Provox XtraMoist HME
Provox XtraMoist makes the air more humid. Use it during the day, when you’re taking it easy. It will help you to breathe more comfortably and keep your lungs healthier.If you have a voice prosthesis, simply press the Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME) to speak.
- Comfortable breathing
- Reduces coughing and mucus production
- Easy occlusion of the stoma for voicing
- Low-profile design
what is Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME)
- Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HMEs) help to reduce mucus production and coughing by humidifying and filtering the air you breathe through your stoma. Atos Medical supplies a number of different HMEs that are designed to suit different lifestyles.
Why use a Heat and Moisture Exchanger?
- After a total laryngectomy, you breathe through the stoma in your neck. This means the air that reaches your lungs is cooler and less humid than it should be. Your lungs react by producing more mucus, and your windpipe can feel irritated. You may start to cough a lot and have to clean your stoma more regularly, which can be uncomfortable to do in public. Most people find that wearing HMEs can help. Watch this video about what happens inside your lungs when you are using an HME and when you are not using an HME.
How it workThe HME sits over your stoma as you breathe through it, warming up the air and making it more moist in the process. It does this by catching the heat and humidity of exhaled air, and then transferring it to the air you inhale. To really see the benefits of your HME, you need to wear it all the time. If you haven’t used an HME before, your lungs may start to produce more mucus. This is completely normal, and will settle down within a couple of weeks once your lungs have adapted to the new HME filte
- The foam is treated with a salt called calcium chloride (not kitchen salt).
- When you breathe out through your stoma, the foam collects and saves the humidity and warm air.
- When you breathe in, the humidity and warm air that are saved in the foam are given back to the air you breathe in.
Speaking with an HMEIf you use a voice prosthesis, simply press the HME lid to speak. The device helps you breathe more easily, which is important as you pause between longer sentences.
Different HMEs for different situationsWe’ve designed our HMEs to work in different situations, depending on the time of day and what you’re doing.
- Provox XtraFlow HME - The best HME for active users:Being active means different things to different people. It might mean going for a walk, or it could be those times when you’re out socializing with friends and talking more than usual. The Provox XtraFlow HME makes breathing easier by keeping the air you breathe humid when you’re physically active. It’s very good at keeping mucus to a minimum and helping you cough less, while being discreet, so you won’t feel as self-conscious of it in social situations. It’s also simple to use with a voice prosthesis – just press the lid to speak.
- Provox XtraMoist HME - The best HME for taking it easy: You’re not always on the go during the day. Sometimes you want to relax and take things at a slower pace. That might be when you first get up to read the newspaper, or perhaps as you’re preparing a meal. In which case, we recommend the Provox XtraMoist HME. It keeps the air extra humid and is comfortable to breathe through. It works in a similar way to keep coughing and mucus to a minimum, while being discreet in its design and simple to use with a voice prosthesis.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.