Bodypoint® two point padded hip belt
Bodypoint® two point padded hip belts are uniquely designed 2-point belt which are comfortable, simple-to-use and easy to clean. The two point padded hip belts have a seamless transition from the creep-resistant webbing to the contoured pads, with a rounded edge binding to contact the user. The belt is constructed using integrated sewing methods and materials for optimal dirt resistance, but it is also machine washable and dryable like all of our soft goods. The hip belts are available in various size, buckle style, pull style with 4 type of attachment options to choose from.
- Ideal for supporting users with low tone or weakness
- Closed-cell foam in pads is highly resilient and has great pressure distribution properties
- Exclusive D-ring design is deeper for larger hand sizes and stays in place for easier grasping
- Proprietary webbing is designed with smoother edges and a weave which not only resists creep but doesn't trap dirt
Fall risk, sacral sitting (or risk for), posterior or anterior pelvic tilt, pelvic obliquity/rotation
Two or four-point hip belt, with sub-ASIS pads (LB belts) if needed. With significant sliding risk or obliquity/rotation, consider a four-point belt or Evoflex.
How to order a hip belt
- Position Assessment: Begin the installation process by first assessing the clinical goals and the user's specific requirements. Determine the most effective position and angle for the mobility belt. Take into consideration whether placing the pull strap on the left or right side is optimal for the user's needs.
- Locate Mounting Points: Once the optimal position and angle have been identified, proceed to locate the appropriate mounting points on the seating system or wheelchair frame. Careful consideration should be given to the structural integrity and stability of these mounting points.
- Attachment of End-Fittings: Utilize optional Bodypoint® belt mounting hardware, if deemed necessary, to securely attach the end-fittings to the rigid seat base or wheelchair frame. Ensure that these end-fittings are fastened firmly and correctly to guarantee the user's safety and stability.
- Centering the Belt: Position the mobility belt on the user, ensuring it is centered appropriately. Thread the strap ends through the end-fittings as per the chosen configuration and adjust the length to meet the user's comfort and support requirements.
- Belt Tightening: Finally, securely tighten the mobility belt until it is snug around the user. This adjustment is essential to maintain the user's stability and safety during mobility. Ensure that the belt is neither too tight nor too loose, striking the appropriate balance for comfort and security.
Select a hip belt in four easy steps:
Select Belt size: Small (S32, S38), Medium (M36, M40, M46), Large (L62, L82, L92)
Choose Buckle type:
- Small Metal push-button (Secure for child-sized belts or when less-bulky buckle is desired. Security cover optional)
- Swivel (Smooth, flat design allows for dynamic movement & equalizes tension. Requires moderate force to release)
- Push button (Smooth, rounded corners prevent snagging. Cover is removable for cleaning or replacing with reduced/no-access cover)
- Plastic side-release (Crush-resistant buckle prevents accidental release but requires strong hand function)
- Rehab Latch™ (Provides easy opening for those with limited hand function)
Select Pull style:
- Center-pull (Suitable for wide range of users, especially for those with posterior pelvic tilt)
- Dual-pull (More adjustable to accommodate clothing and weight changes. Available with side-release buckle only)
- Rear-pull (Works well for high muscle tone & pelvic rotation. Position & secure one side of the pelvis before the other)
- Flat-Mount™ (-B1: Versatile, lowest profile)
- Cinch-Mount™ (-B2: Allows quick, easy & precise adjustments to strap length for changes in weight and clothing)
- Flat-Mount™ with framsaver clamp & Cinch-Mount™ with FrameSaver™ clamp (FrameSaver™ Clamp is incredibly strong & snaps into place for safe mounting anywhere along wheelchair tubing without having to drill)
How to Measure Hip Belt:
Determining the Correct Belt Size for the User:
- Position Assessment: To determine the correct belt size for the user, begin by aligning the individual according to clinical goals. Utilize the arms to place the user in the desired position and ascertain the most effective angle and position for the belt. This positioning is crucial to ensuring the belt's functionality and support.
- Measuring the Padded Section: Once the optimal angle and position have been established, measure the distance over the user's body at this specific angle using a flexible tape. This measurement will determine the optimal length for the belt's padded section, providing the user with the most comfortable and secure fit.
- Sizing Table Reference: Consult the sizing table relevant to the specific belt style being used. Refer to Column B within the table to find the appropriate belt size based on the previously measured padded section length. If the user falls between two available sizes, take into consideration factors such as potential growth, weight variations, and clothing changes. Ensure that the selected size aligns with the user's needs, and it's important to note that the pads should not extend past the user's body for proper fit and functionality.
|Small - S32||1"||12½"||1¾"||46"|
|Small - S38||1"||15"||2"||46"|
|Medium - M36||1½"||14"||2¼"||51"|
|Medium - M40||1½"||15¾"||2¼"||56"|
|Medium - M46||1½"||18"||2¼"||56"|
|Large - L62||2"||24½"||2¾"||61"|
|Large - L82||2"||32"||3½"||81"|
|Large - L92||2"||36"||4"||81"|
- The manufacturer offers a Limited Lifetime warranty on this product against defects in workmanship and materials arising under normal use by the original purchaser.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- Positively no returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to 15% restocking fee, plus applicable freight charges.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.