Broda Encore Pedal Wheelchair
Broda Encore pedal wheelchair builds on Broda's tradition of comfort and dependability to offer the most comprehensive range of mobility chair features in a more modern form. New visual and stylistic options cater to a wide range of tastes and are compatible with today's and tomorrow's facilities. Broda Encore is an ergonomically designed pedal chair that allows patients to push themselves with their hands or feet, increasing mobility and independence. Broda's Comfort Tension Sitting, 25° of infinitely adjustable tilt-in-space seating, and unique feature set provide therapeutic pressure redistribution, which aids in the treatment of pressure ulcers and pain management, while also improving patient comfort and quality of life.
The Broda Encore's adjustable Hemi style floor to seat height, along with our front pivot seat tilt, allows for proper foot on floor positioning, allowing people to be in an ergonomically right posture for self-propulsion. Optional front-mounted mag wheels make hand propulsion easier, letting patients to interact with their surroundings and socialise.
The short back option with adjustable headrest is exclusive to the Encore. This provides even more flexibility and positioning for a wide range of people. The Encore Pedal Chair supports in the treatment of different ailments requiring varied degrees of care, thanks to industry-leading features and functionality. Adjustable, removable upper lateral supports paired with seat tilt give unsurpassed comfort and positioning, reducing postural deviations such head drop, lateral lean, and slumping, as well as reducing falls.
Benefits to the patient, the facility, and the caregiver:
- Enhances quality of life and participation in the environment.
- Allows for greater self-mobility and patient manoeuvrability.
- Supportive, steady positioning lowers the chance of injury and falls.
Broda Encore pedal wheelchair comes standard with:
- Neckrest pad
- Lower side pads
- Seat and back pad
- Two (2) 5" Front mag wheels
- Broda comfort tension seating
- Two (2) 5" Total lock rear casters
- 25° infinitely adjustable tilt in space
- Independent height adjustable arms
- 16 gauge powder coated tubular steel frame
- Shoulder bolsters (except on 22" back height)
- Adjustable removable wings for upper lateral support (except on 22" back height)
Additional positioning padding & slim posture padding available on request, Please call or email us for quote.
|Broda Encore pedal chair|
|Tilt - infinity adjustable||Up to 25°|
|Seat widths available||16", 18", 20", 22", 24", 26", 28"|
|Seat depths available||17", 18.5", 20"|
|Back lengths available||*22", 32", 33.5", 35"|
|Floor-to-seat heights available||Adjustable 12.5" - 17.5" (1" increments)|
|Wheels - casters||5" front total lock casters|
5" fixed rear casters
|Wheels - mag wheels||20" or 22" front mount|
|Weight capacity||Up to 350 lbs.|
|Overall weight||Approx. 80 lbs. with standard features|
|*Note: 22" back option excludes neckrest and shoulder bolsters|
Manufacturer warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship as per the schedule below:
- Ten years - On chair frame.
- Two years - On all other product components, except the seat cushion and covers (which are not warranted).
- A serial number or invoice number must be given for warranty coverage.
- In the event that manufacturer sends replacement parts to the customer, the customer will be invoiced for the replacement parts and shipping expense for the parts sent.
- Once the defective parts have been received by manufacturer, and determined to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship, a credit will be issued to the customer for the invoice amount (less shipping).
Disclaimer and Limitations of Remedies:
The chair frames are guaranteed for Three years against structural defects or failure. All other parts (except seat pads and cloth or vinyl covers) including but not limited to strapping, cushions, gas springs and attachments, casters, wheels, brakes and armrests are guaranteed for one year against defects in materials and workmanship based on normal institutional use. This warranty does not cover damages that arise from improper handling, cleaning, or negligent use; inclusive of exposure to improper solutions or abrasives, exposure to heat sources, use of sharp objects, excessive agitation, pooling of fluids, or similar negligent acts. The warranty does not cover use of manufacturer chairs in a shower or pool, with the exception of the manufacturer commode/shower chair.
Voiding of warranty
- Modifications to manufacturer products or the use of non-manufacturer supplied parts voids the warranty.
- This warranty does not cover freight damage.
- It is the responsibility of the person receiving the goods to examine cartons and goods before accepting receipt.
- If damage is observed, note all damages on the bill of lading and file a claim if necessary.
- Notify the carrier of any concealed damaged within 48 hours of receipt. Any pictures of the damaged product and packaging are valuable in submitting a claim.
- Manufacturer insures all products for in transit damage, failure to notify the carrier of in transit damage voids both the insurance and the warranty.
- Warranty does not include on-site labor for the installation of warranty parts or warranty repairs.
- The owner may return to manufacturer products for warranty replacement or repair by shipping items prepaid and insured to the factory.
- Warranty completed at the factory includes both materials and labor.
- The decision to repair or replace parts is at the discretion of manufacturer.
- This warranty does not cover products or parts thereof that have been subjected to abuse, misuse, neglect, unauthorized alteration or repair, damage during installation or improper installation, or use in conflict with or contrary to the product operational guidance provided by the manufacturer's manual.
- In the event of a defect covered by this warranty the manufacturer will at its option, repair or replace the product.
- The warranty does not extend to non-durable components, such as rubber accessories, casters, and grips, which are subject to normal wear and need periodic replacement.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions given by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- If any part is found defective manufacturer will refurbish or replace the same at its sole discretion.
- All returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- All returns must be shipped prepaid with RGA number clearly marked on the box.
- All returns are subject to inspection upon arrival for estimation of total refund.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product
Please call us for specific details
Are Broda’s chairs and wheelchairs considered geriatric (Geri) chairs or furniture?
- According to the FDA’s Department of Health and Human Services Broda’s chairs and wheelchairs fall under the Medical Device category and are classified as Class I Mechanical Wheelchairs.
- The Veteran’s Health Association’s Prosthetic Clinical Management Program (PCMP) validates the clinical use of Broda products as Manual Wheelchairs with Tilt and Recline Combination Seat Functions.
No! Broda’s products are classified as Durable Medical Equipment.
How much does it cost to buy one of Broda’s wheelchairs?
- Pricing varies by product type based on specific chair need and configuration as well as the purchase options offered. Our support team and partners will help configure the specific accessories, padding packages, colors and features for your perfect fit.
Are additional cushions required or recommended when using a Broda Wheelchair?
- Not necessarily, but it depends on each user’s specific seating needs. An OT, PT, ATP, or seating specialist should be consulted for a seating evaluation. Broda offers numerous custom solutions for most seating needs.
Are Broda’s Tilt-in-Space chairs or wheelchairs considered restraints?
- No! Broda’s products are not restraints rather they are Supportive Positioning Devices. When Broda’s Tilt-in-Space Seating Systems are used properly following the obtainment of a physician’s order and in accordance with the patient care plan they are not considered a restraint.
How much tilt or recline is needed to be clinically effective?
- The greater angles of tilt and recline generally provide better pressure relief. The greatest reductions in pressure are seen when tilt and recline are used together, either at tilt of 35° with recline 100° or tilt of 15-25° with recline of 120°. Tilt, when used alone, must be greater than about 25° to achieve pressure relief and/or tissue perfusion at the ischial tuberosities. Recline, when used alone, can increase shear but may provide reduction in pressure at the ischial tuberosities at angles greater than 90-100°.
How do you clean and disinfect Broda's products?
- Clean with 1:4 bleach / water, peroxide, & quaternary ammonium at the recommended dilution. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and pat dry.
- Clean with Water based Cleaner, 1:4 Mix of bleach & water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and pat dry.
The Broda’s products are easy to clean, use the following solutions to disinfect on a regular basis: