Dermabond Advanced Topical Skin Adhesive
Secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.
- Volume: 0.7 ML
- 2-Octyl cyanoacrylate unique formulation
- Topical skin adhesive can add strength and protection to an incision
- Inhibition of bacteria: Demonstrated in vitro inhibition of gram-positive bacteria and gram-negative bacteria
- Strength: When used in addition to sutures, it was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to wound closure than sutures alone
- Microbial barrier: Provides a microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for at least seventy-two hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections