Drop Support Harness 3
Drop Support Harness
Drop Support 3 is a one-of-a-kind upper-body harness that wraps around the user's waist, chest, and torso, with a central handle that runs the length of the torso. The support handle serves as a point of contact between the harness user and the person aiding the harness user ("assistant").
How does it work?
Why Drop Support Harness 3?
Because Drop Support Harness Assistance, one drop at a time, has the potential to help families reclaim their sense of trust in fall support. It instils a new feeling of hope in families.
The challenge: The most difficult part of providing fall care to family members during a fall is figuring out how to stop the fall from happening in the first place. Most family members currently have no other option but to communicate with one another save through physical contact. The issue with physical contact is the contact itself, which can lead to damage if family members or caregivers use too much force or pressure to break someone's fall. In other cases, it's a lack of or inability to physically make adequate contact with the person, causing them to slip through our fingers. It's time for a change when simply holding their arms or hugging them isn't enough.
The change: Drop Support is one of a kind in that it secures the user's entire upper body with a single point of contact. It's because of this centralised point of contact that you may provide full upper-body fall support without the requirement for bear hugging. A support system that has the potential to change your lives forever.
Factors that cause falls and strategies to reduce your risk of falling:
Center of Gravity & Balance: Controlling the placement of the body's centre of gravity in relation to its base of support is one method to maintaining balance. We will quickly lose our balance and fall if we lean forward or backward and allow our centre of gravity to travel beyond our base of support, unless we shift our centre of gravity back over our base or adjust our base of support such that it remains under our centre of gravity.
Gravity: Gravity accelerates objects at a rate of 32 feet per second squared towards the ground. With gravity constantly pulling us downward, it's no surprise that even a minor fall can result in serious damage.
Friction: Friction, or more specifically, a lack of friction, is another fall element, in addition to balance and gravity. Friction is the force that prevents one solid item from moving relative to another. It's crucial to keep enough friction or traction on your feet while walking to avoid falling. As a result, friction is a fall element that must be managed.
Momentum: The final fall aspect we'll talk about is momentum. The mass and speed of an object determine its momentum. The momentum of an object indicates how much force is required to bring it to a halt. Momentum can become a stumbling block in a number of ways. For starters, gaining too much momentum by driving too fast might make it harder to come to a complete stop when confronted with an unforeseen hazard. Second, when our motion rises, the amount of friction required to keep our feet from slipping on the travelling surface rises as well. To put it another way, the more momentum we have, the more likely we are to collapse. Finally, keep in mind that "a moving body tends to continue moving." When our basis of support, our feet, are abruptly stopped, our centre of gravity tends to remain in motion and may extend too far beyond our base of support, resulting in a loss of balance and a fall.
How may "Drop Support Harness" assist you?
Balance & Center of Gravity:Use of the support handle, an assistance can aid the user in restoring their balance by assisting them discover their centre of gravity and base of support. If the user begins to fall forward, backwards, or side-to-side, the assistant utilises the support handle to adjust the direction of the fall to re-establish the user's centre of gravity and allowing the user to locate their base of support, which the user will then be stable and balanced.
Attraction: The assistance has a higher chance of halting the user's forward/downward movement before it gains acceleration when the Drop Support harness is properly placed and firmly attached. The assistant is more likely to be able to regulate the user's descent if the user's momentum is limited or reduced, which is safer for both the user and the assistance.
Benefits of a Drop Support Harness
- Available in Black/Grey Color only
- Adjustable for a comfortable fit
- Assists in limiting the use of wheelchairs.
- There are no unnecessary dangling straps.
- A one-time purchase that will provide years of fall support
- To reduce injuries, you'll need more control over your falls.
- The shoulder and chest straps give you more control over forward-facing falls.
- Support To decrease back strain, the handle allows for a higher grip than a gait belt.
- Standing up from a seated posture and assisting parents and grandparents about the house.
- Being able to control the direction of fall in order to avoid colliding with potentially harmful items
- Assisting with fall prevention in high-risk areas of the home, such as the kitchen, bathrooms, and stairwells
The manufacturer warrants this product against defects in material & workmanship according to the schedule below:
- One Year Equipment Warranty
- These warranties do not extend to equipment which has been subject to misuse, use in excess of rated capacity, negligent operation, use beyond manufaturer published service factors, improper installation or maintenance, adverse environments, and does not apply to any equipment which has been repaired or altered without manufacturer written authorization.
- This warranty is void for any product that is designed to deform or absorb energy during a fall event.
- Manufacturer obligation, and Purchaser's sole remedy under this warranty is limited to, at manufacturer discretion, the replacement or repair of the equipment at manufacturer factory.
- This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties whatsoever whether express, implied, or statutory, seller makes no warranty as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the equipment and makes no other warranty, either express or implied.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacture terms and condition are applicable for warranty of the product.
Please call us Specific Details.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Return Policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
My harness has excess slack in shoulders and back, how do I adjust?
- If your harness looks and feels to big, make sure you have the Shoulder Strap adjuster to its smallest adjustment (near waist belt). If the buckles are at this setting already, consider sizing down your harness. For example, if you bought the Adult size harness, exchange it for the B's & G's harness, even if you are an Adult. The B's & G's still can fit, regardless of your age
My child/mother if 5ft, what size should I order?
- Drop Support sizing is NOT based on Age, Weight, Height, or Clothing size, except for the Children size harness. Size selection is based on the individual Waist size and length of Torso. Do not select your size based on Age.
My harness has a little ride-up, how can I adjust to fix the ride-up?
- Ensure the Chest Strap is Fed through the Chest Loop Guide, and not just resting on top of the shoulder strap.
- A little ride is fine, if it still provides support. Please refer to the video, "How to Test the Fit”, in the Instructions section.
- Please also ensure your waist belt rest either at Top of Belly, or Bottom of Belly. Do not place waist belt on "potbelly", as this will cause the waist to slip/ride-up.
Will Drop Support work with individuals with G-Tubes or Dexcom diabetes sensor, or other Medical apparatus located along the abdomen?
- Yes. We recommend the waist belt be placed above all medical apparatuses. To assist with this, please consider the B's & G's size harness First, as these are smaller fitting harness, regardless of your Torso Measurement. The Adult size Drop Support can still be considered, just ensure the waist belt can be adjusted to sit above the Medical Apparatus, if not, then consider the B's & G's size.
Can Drop Support be used in Pools, Showers, Beaches?
- Yes. We recommend allowing the harness to Air dry, but it is safe to use around any body of water.
Can Drop Support be used on Elderly or assist with Transfers?
- Yes. Drop Support is currently being used in these areas with much success.
Can padding be added to my Drop Support Harness?
- You can purchase car seat covers, to add to your Drop Support harness around the shoulder's and rear support handle.