Duocal Super Soluble High Calorie Oral Supplement
Duocal Super Soluble High-Calorie Oral Supplement is a unique high-energy product that can be added to foods and beverages without altering the taste or texture when more calories are needed in the diet. Duocal can help your child get back on track and start gaining weight. Duocal offers ideal support for children who need extra calories that can support vibrant health and catch-up growth.
- High-calorie powder
- Mixes easily in liquids and soft foods
Duocal is specially formulated for the dietary management of conditions where a high-energy, low-fluid, low-electrolytes diet is indicated, protein-restricted diets, disorders of protein and amino acid metabolism, malabsorptive states, modular diets, and catabolic states (e.g. burns, trauma, post-operative stress). It contains a unique dual energy source of carbohydrates and fat (no protein, vitamins, or minerals). Duocal is flavorless and is appropriate for oral and tube feeding.
- Protein free
- Kosher Pareve
- Made in a dairy protein-free facility
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives
Duocal is not nutritionally complete. It is to be added to foods or formulas to add extra calories to the diet.
Duocal is a specially formulated medical food and should only be used under medical supervision. It's important to always contact a healthcare professional before making any changes to your child's diet.
Ingredients: Corn Syrup Solids, Refined Vegetable Oils (Corn, Non-Hydrogenated Coconut, Modified Coconut and/or Palm Kernel Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides)), Mono- and Diglycerides, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides.
Directions for Preparation and Use: The amount of Duocal to take should be determined by a healthcare professional and is dependent on age, body weight, and medical condition. Duocal provides extra energy for children over 1 year of age. Use under medical supervision. For oral and tube feeding only; not for parenteral use.
For oral or tube feeding:
- Measure the prescribed amount of Duocal.
- Add powder to the required volume of liquid and/or soft food and stir continuously until the powder has dissolved.
- Unused foods mixed with Duocal should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours. Shake or stir immediately before serving.
Duocal is simple to use, is completely soluble, and mixes easily in liquids and moist foods.
Storage: Store unopened cans at room temperature. Once opened, reseal the can and store it in a cool, dry place (not in the refrigerator) and use it within one month.
What does Duocal taste like?
Duocal is made up of carbohydrates and fat. It is virtually flavorless and dissolves easily so there are no changes to the taste and/or texture of the food it is being added to (which may also help with diet adherence).
How much Duocal should my child consume?
The amount of Duocal you or your little one may need per day should be determined by your healthcare professional. The amount of Duocal needed per day depends on the specific nutritional needs of your child. Duocal is for children ages one year and older, so it can be used throughout life's stages.
How many tablespoons (Tbsp.) of powder are in one can of Duocal?
48 Tbsp per 400 gram can
How many scoops are in one can of Duocal?
80 scoops per 400-gram can
What foods and beverages can Duocal be added to?
Duocal can be added to most foods and beverages by sprinkling on the required amount and then stirring in. Duocal does not mix into carbonated drinks well and is not recommended for fruit juices because clear juices may turn cloudy and it may not mix well into juices with pulp.
Can you bake with Duocal?
Yes, Duocal can be added to most moist foods and batters by sprinkling on the required amount and then stirring in. Avoid excess boiling as this may affect the consistency. Unused foods mixed with Duocal should be refrigerated immediately.
How much can I add to food or beverages?
Suggested distributing Duocal throughout the day. It is best to start with approximately 1 tsp. per ½ cup of food or beverage and progress to approximately 2 Tbsp. per ½ cup of food or beverage. Please consult your healthcare professional for specific guidance. Here are some quick tips on how to use Duocal to get you started: (These are approximations, please check with your healthcare professional for exact amounts)
- Beverages: Add 2 scoops of Duocal per 4 fl oz.
- Toddler Foods: Add 2 scoops of Duocal per ¼ cup of food.
- Mashed potatoes: Add 3-4 scoops Duocal per ½ cup of mashed potatoes.
- Soups: Add approx. 6 scoops of Duocal for a 16 oz serving (or one can) of soup. For recipe ideas use Duocal.
Will my child be able to tolerate Duocal since she is allergic to milk and soy?
Duocal is milk-protein free and is made in a milk-free environment, making it appropriate for a child with cow milk allergy. Duocal does not contain any protein. Duocal does not contain any soy oil. Always ask your healthcare team for guidance.
Can I give Duocal to an infant?
Duocal has been designed for and studied in children over the age of 1 year old and we cannot suggest it for use for children younger than 1 year old.
Is Duocal Kosher?
Duocal has been certified Kosher Pareve Non-Passover.
|Manufacturer||Nutricia North America|
|Administration Method||Oral / Tube|
|Calories per Serving||492 Calories|
|Calories per Serving Range||401-500 Calories|
|Nutrient Type||Fat / Carbohydrates|
|User Ages||1 Year and Up|
|User Group||Pediatric to Adult|
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.