Ketonex -1 Unflavored Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula
Ketonex -1 Unflavored Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula provides nutrition support for infants and toddlers with maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) or beta-keto thiolase deficiency. Use under medical supervision.
- 6.6% of energy as linoleic acid.
- Nutrient profile specifically designed for infants and toddlers.
- DHA and ARA to help support brain and eye development.
- Branched-chain amino is acid-free to allow a greater intake of intact protein.
- Approximately 40% of energy as fat to help achieve acceptable formula osmolality.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
- L-carnitine (100 mg/100 g) and taurine (40 mg/100 g) help supply amounts normally found in human milk and foods of animal origin.
Ingredients: Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, L-Alanine, Modified Corn Starch, L-Proline. Less than 2% of L-Lysine, L-Arginine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Glutamine, Potassium Phosphate, Glycine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Serine, L-Asparagine, L-Threonine, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, L-Histidine, M. Alpina Oil, L-Methionine, C. Cohnii Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Citric Acid, L-Glutamic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Inositol, L-Tryptophan, Choline Chloride, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Carnitine, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Zinc Sulfate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Phylloquinone, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenate, Sodium Molybdate, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12, and Salt.
- Not for IV use.
- Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- Do not boil the mixture or use terminal sterilization.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm the formula. Serious burns can result.
- Give only to infants and toddlers with proven maple syrup urine disease who are under medical supervision.
- Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet isoleucine, leucine, valine, and water requirements.
- Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor.
Instructions for Use: Use Only As Directed by a Physician
Your baby's health depends on carefully following these directions. Proper hygiene, handling, and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Failure to follow these directions could result in severe harm. Ask your baby's doctor if you need to use cooled, boiled water for mixing and if you need to boil (sterilize) bottles, nipples, and rings before use.
- Wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Pour the prescribed amount of water into a clean container.
- Add the prescribed amount of Ketonex-1 powder (and other ingredients if recommended).
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds; if using a blender, mix no more than 5 seconds.
- Pour mixture into clean feeding bottles or containers; cap.
- Once feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
Approximate weights for upacked, level U.S. standard dry household measures for powder*
|Household Measure (US)||Weight (g)|
* For the most accurate results, Ketonex-1 should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
Storage and Handling
- Once mixed, store bottles or containers in the refrigerator and feed to baby or child within 24 hours
- Store unopened or opened cans at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can content within 1 month.
|Calories per Serving||480 Calories|
|Calories per Serving Range||401 to 500 Calories|
|Nutrient Type||Amino Acid Modified / Iron|
|User||Infant / Toddler|
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.