Prism Medical Universal Sling for Patient Transfer Lifts
Prism Medical Universal Sling is a multi-purpose sling that enables toileting access as well as adequate back and thigh support. It is simple to use and fit. Leg, hip, and shoulder straps come standard on Prism Medical universal slings for further support. Universal lift slings also include several color-coded loops to accommodate different seating positions. The most typically supplied patient lift sling for general transfer applications is the Prism Medical universal sling.
- Commode with a medium opening.
- Support for the lateral trunk is substantial.
- In a seated or supine position, divided leg supports can be applied and removed.
- Leg straps can be worn in a variety of positions to provide varying levels of support.
- Various sat and semi-reclined positions can be accommodated by a variety of loop and strap alternatives.
- On each side, built-in caregiver handles provide an extra level of control when moving and transferring the user.
- Supports the hips and sacrum, as well as the thighs and underarms up to the shoulders, with optional head support.
Polyester SlipFit (PolySlip):
- The stretchable, smooth-knit polyester fabric allows for easy application and improved comfort
- It has "slide fit" nylon material on the outside leg parts with reduced friction characteristics to make it easier to fit and take off
Polyester Mesh (Mesh / Poly):
- Ideal for usage in swimming pools and for showering while the sling is in place
- On the inner leg parts, the polyester mesh is combined with a smooth polyester layer and non-absorbent padding
- Wicks away moisture
- Multi-directional stretch
- May be suitable for those with skin integrity issues
- May provide a more comfortable fit for those in pain
|Prism Medical Universal Sling|
|Sling Height||< 3 feet||< 3 - 4 feet||4 - 5'6 feet||5 - 6 feet||6 - 7 feet||6 - 7 feet|
|Sling Weight||< 70 lbs.||70 - 110 lbs.||95 - 150 lbs.||125 - 250 lbs.||250 - 400 lbs.||400 - 480 lbs.|
|Safe Working Load||450 lbs.||450 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||1,000 lbs.|
|Safe Working Load (Spacer)||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.||625 lbs.|
- Prism Medical slings are warranted against manufacturer defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty does not apply to failure attributable to normal wear and tear, damage by natural forces, user neglect, user misuse, or deliberate destruction.
- The liability of Prism Medical under the terms of this guarantee shall be limited to the replacement of the sling.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- Unfortunately hygiene items cannot be returned once opened, due to health concerns.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details
What is a universal sling?
- Multi-purpose sling
- Easy to use and put together
- Provides proper back and thigh support as well as toileting access
- Come with leg, hip, and shoulder straps as standard for further support
- The most commonly supplied patient lift sling for general transfer applications
- Several color-coded loops are included in universal lift slings to accommodate various seating postures
What is a universal sling used for?
- Universal Sling features the classic lines for practically any transfer, whether seated, reclining, or supine, and is simple to use and setup. Because of its commode hole, the Universal Sling can be utilised in a divided leg or closed leg position for transfers to or from a bed, wheelchair, the floor, or even a toilet or commode.
How to use a universal sling?
How to fit a universal sling?
How do you put a sling under a patient?
- Place the patient on a side.
- Fold the sling in half and store it (lengthwise).
- Fold the sling in half and tuck it under the body.
- The patient should be rolled in the opposite way.
- Take the folded section and move it to the opposite side.
- Return the patient to their back in a supine position.
Note: It is indeed a "process" that requires caregiver patience.
Can Universal Sling be used for toileting?
- Because of its commode hole, the Universal Sling can be utilized in a divided leg or closed leg position for transfers to or from a bed, wheelchair, the floor, or even a toilet or commode.
What is a U sling?
- The Universal-Sling (U-Sling) is the most commonly used patient lift sling for general transfer applications. It's great for toileting, bathing, and any other surface-to-surface transfer.