Rifton Medium Activity Chair With Standard Base
Rifton activity chair with standard base - Medium has revolutionized adaptive seating and it is ultimate in classroom and home. Versatile, adaptable, durable - this is the chair therapists designed. Rifton activity chair is perfect for feeding, speech therapy, active learning, and for clients with sensory processing challenges. Wide range of optional accessories available to create an adaptive chair providing customized active seating for client - whether in early intervention, school, home, rehab or day hab - from the client with autism to one with more involved physical challenges such as cerebral palsy. Rifton activity chair with standard base is for regular classroom use and ideal for students with autism who need calming through self-generated motion (self-stimming).
Tilt-in-space - All Rifton activity chairs have tilt-in-space, which encourages sit-to-stand and resting positions. Tilt-in-space can be activated tool-free while client is in the chair. The standard base tilts 15° forward and 15° back. In addition to tilt-in-space, every Rifton activity chair's backrest angle adjusts 5° forward and 20° back.
Spring option - The optional seat and backrest springs on the Rifton activity chair standard base (and the backrest spring in the hi/lo base) allow for calming through self-generated motion - ideal for clients with autism.
Caster swivel lock - When the caster swivel lock is engaged, the Activity chair can be pushed in a straight line without drifting to the side. When lock is disengaged, casters will swivel and the chair can be maneuvered into tight spaces.
Arm support options - Rifton’s armrests can be raised or lowered individually to accommodate clients who need extra trunk stabilization and can be set at angles ranging from horizontal to 60° up or down. Armrests provide lateral boundaries as well as upper extremity weight-bearing assist to aid trunk control.
Choice of 6 pad colors - Comfortable seat and backrest pads are essential for providing cushioned support and preventing decubiti. Rifton’s backrest and seat pads are made of polyurethane foam covered with a cleanable, healthcare-grade polyurethane-coated fabric. The seat pads can be turned front to back for longer wear. Pads are available in six color choices.
Tool-free adjustments - With all adjustments easy to make - and no tools required - Rifton activity chair is an ideal choice for the busy special needs classroom or at home. The lateral supports are fully adjustable in height, width and angle - all with one knob, which, by the way, can't ever fall off and get lost.
Standard base leg options - Long or short height-adjustable legs, either stationary or with casters for the Standard base: Adjustable in 1" increments, these legs allow to position client at optimum height. The grippy tips of the stationary legs are designed to keep client from sliding and moving across the floor, even with dynamic rocking. The legs with casters are an added feature, making standard base chair easy to move when transitioning from one classroom to another.
Adjust with client in the chair - Rifton activity chair can be easily adjusted while a client is in the chair. This saves time and makes adjustments much simpler to gauge. Seat depth can be safely and easily adjusted while a child is in the chair, by pulling the handle beneath the seat.
Activity Chair comes standard with:
- Arm supports
- Adjustable legs
- Tilt-in-space base
- Seat and back with pads (specify color)
|Click the dimensions (inches) chart to help you make the right choice.|
Activity Chair Sizes:
|Item Dimensions (inches)|
Small standard Activity Chair
Medium standard Activity Chair
Large standard Activity Chair
|Model||Click here for R820||R840||Click here for R860|
|Frame width||Short legs: 21|
Long legs: 23
Short legs with casters: 22½
Long legs with casters: 23½
|Short legs: 23¼|
Long legs: 24¼
Short legs with casters: 24½
Long legs with casters: 25½
|Short legs: 26¼|
Long legs: 26¼
Short legs with casters: 27¾
Long legs with casters: 27¾
|Frame depth (front to back)||Short legs: 21½ – 23|
Long legs: 26¼ – 27¾
Short legs with casters: 23½ – 25
Long legs with casters: 27 – 28½
|Short legs: 22½ – 24½|
Long legs: 26¾ – 28¼
Short legs with casters: 25 – 27
Long legs with casters: 26½ – 28¾
|Short legs: 30½ – 32¾|
Long legs: 32½ – 34½
Short legs with casters: 31 – 33
Long legs with casters: 34¾ – 35¼
|Seat height above floor||Short legs: 9½ – 12½|
Long legs: 18½ – 21½
Short legs with casters: 13½ – 16½
Long legs with casters: 18½ – 21½
|Short legs: 12½ – 16½|
Long legs: 19 – 23
Short legs with casters: 16 – 20
Long legs with casters: 19 – 23
|Short legs: 16½ – 20½|
Long legs: 20 – 24
Short legs with casters: 16½ – 20½
Long legs with casters: 20 – 24
|Seat angle for tilt-in-space||15° forward, 15° back||15° forward, 15° back||15° forward, 15° back|
|Backrest angle adjustment||5° forward, 20° back||5° forward, 20° back||5° forward, 20° back|
|Footboard knee angle||45° – 110°||45° – 110°||45° – 110°|
|Seat height above footboard||7 – 12||7¾ – 15¼||11¼ – 21¼|
|Seat width with hip guides||7 – 9||8½ – 11½||11 – 14|
|Seat width without hip guides||12||14||17|
|Seat depth (1" increments)||8 – 12|
7 – 11 with mini kit
|11 – 16||15 – 20|
|Armrest height above seat||5 – 7½||7 – 10½||7 – 10½|
|Trunk support width||5½ – 11½||6½ – 12||9½ – 14|
|Backrest height above seat||12½ – 15½||15½ – 19||19 – 24|
|Headrest height above seat||14½ – 21||17½ – 24½||19½ – 29½|
|Maximum working load (lbs)||75||150||250|
- The manufacturer warranties that if any product breaks or fails in service during the first year, it will be replaced free of charge.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
- If you wish to return the product, please call for return instructions within 30 days of receiving it.
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee on Retail Price.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- Please hold on to your carton and packaging materials until you are certain that your order fulfills your needs.
- The manufacturer will arrange all the details and pay for the return shipment.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product.
Please call us for specific details.