Rifton Activity Chair w/Hi-Lo Base (Small) - Special Needs Chair with Adaptive Active Seating for Pediatric to Adult (R830)
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
product trials; delivery; setup and fitting services available for clients in our local service area
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Buy it with:
Clarity COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit
QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test Kit
Rifton activity chair with hi-lo base - Small is ideal for feeding, speech therapy, active learning, and clients who have sensory processing issues. Rifton activity chairs have revolutionized adaptive seating and are ideal for use in the classroom and at home. The chair therapists designed is versatile, adaptable, and long-lasting. A wide range of optional accessories is available to create an adaptive chair that provides customized active seating for clients ranging from those with autism to those with more involved physical challenges such as cerebral palsy, whether in early intervention, school, home, rehab, or day hab.
Spring option - The optional seat and backrest springs on the Rifton activity chair standard base (and the backrest spring in the hi/lo base) allow for calming through self-generated motion - ideal for clients with autism.
Caster swivel lock - When the caster swivel lock is engaged, the Activity chair can be pushed in a straight line without drifting to the side. When the lock is disengaged, casters will swivel and the chair can be maneuvered into tight spaces.
Adjust with the client in the chair - Rifton activity chair can be easily adjusted while a client is in the chair. This saves time and makes adjustments much simpler to gauge. Seat depth can be safely and easily adjusted while a child is in the chair, by pulling the handle beneath the seat.
Tool-free adjustments - With all adjustments easy to make - and no tools required - Rifton activity chair is an ideal choice for the busy special needs classroom or at home. The lateral supports are fully adjustable in height, width, and angle - all with one knob, which, by the way, can't ever fall off and get lost.
Arm support options - Rifton’s armrests can be raised or lowered individually to accommodate clients who need extra trunk stabilization and can be set at angles ranging from horizontal to 60° up or down. Armrests provide lateral boundaries as well as upper extremity weight-bearing assist to aid trunk control.
Hi/lo base foot pump - The small hi/lo base is equipped with a gas spring that allows you to lower the client in the chair until his or her feet are on the floor, or raise it to a 32" high table. The chair's height can also be easily set for lateral transfers. Transfers are a cinch with foot–pump height adjustment and easily removable armrests.
Tilt-in-space - All Rifton activity chairs have tilt-in-space, which encourages sit-to-stand and resting positions. Tilt-in-space can be activated tool-free while the client is in the chair. The hi/lo base tilts 15° forward and 25° back. In addition to tilt-in-space, every Rifton activity chair's backrest angle adjusts 5° forward and 20° back.
Choice of 6 pad colors - Comfortable seat and backrest pads are essential for providing cushioned support and preventing decubiti. Rifton’s backrest and seat pads are made of polyurethane foam covered with a cleanable, healthcare-grade polyurethane-coated fabric. The seat pads can be turned front to back for longer wear. Pads are available in six color choices.
Activity Chair comes standard with:
- Push handles
- Arm supports
- Adjustable legs
- Tilt-in-space base
- Seat and back with pads (specify color)
|Rifton activity chair with hi-lo base - Small|
Seat Height above Floor
10" - 25"
Seat Angle for Tilt-in-Space
15° Forward, 25° Back
Backrest Angle Adjustment
5° Forward, 20° Back
Seat Height above Footboard,
with Footboard Lift
9" - 12"
6" - 9"
Seat Width with Hip Guides,
without Hip Guides
7" - 9"
8" - 12", with "mini kit": 7" - 11"
Armrest Height above Seat
5" - 7½"
Distance between Laterals
5½" - 11½"
Backrest Height above Seat
12½" - 15½"
Headrest Height above Seat
14½" - 21"
Maximum Working Load
- The manufacturer warrants that if any product breaks or fails in service during the first year, it will be replaced free of charge.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
- If you wish to return the product, please call for return instructions within 30 days of receiving it.
- All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee on Retail Price.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- Please hold on to your carton and packaging materials until you are certain that your order fulfills your needs.
- The manufacturer will arrange all the details and pay for the return shipment.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund.
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product.
Please call us for specific details.