Rifton hygiene support station
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP);
please call us for product customization as per your requirements
product trials; delivery; setup and fitting services available for clients in our local service area
client measurements recommended to be submitted along with your order
Rifton hygiene support station brings new dignity, convenience and possibilities to hygiene care for people with special needs. Support station's unique features enable even partially weight-bearing individuals to receive hygiene care or a diaper change in an upright position - making the process more dignified, improving access to clothing and skin, and eliminating heavy lifting on the part of the caregiver. An innovation in toileting, the Support Station enables toilet transfers for people with special needs. Rifton designed it to allow clients to assist in their own personal hygiene, providing them greater dignity and independence. Rifton support station provides benefits to staff by reducing staff injury due to heavy lifting and difficult transfers.Benefits:
With the Support Station, clients assist in the sit-to-stand transfer, using their own strength and skills to participate in their care. Over time, clients using the Support Station actually improve their standing and toileting skills - paving the way for greater independence and better health.
Install the Rifton Support Station to use with a rolling commode or as a transfer aid to a stationary toilet.See what a difference 90° can make.
- Less time out: Faster than horizontal diapering, the Support Station lets everyone spend less time on hygiene and more time in class, in therapy or simply enjoying life.
- Practice in strength and skill building: Using their own strength and skills to transfer and support themselves, people improve weight-bearing and motor skills over time.
- Improved safety for caregivers: Eliminating transfers to a mat or changing table means less lifting and wrestling with clothing, plus clothing and skin are more accessible - so the process is healthier for everyone.
- Greater dignity and independence: Putting an end to infant-like, horizontal hygiene can have dramatic emotional benefits. Even people with very limited weight-bearing ability can now participate in their own personal care.
Easy to clean - Support Station's frame and upholstery include antimicrobial materials and are designed for thorough, easy cleaning.
Folds for storage - Support Station folds up flat against the wall when not in use.
Upright positioning - In either configuration, the Support Station trunk board can be adjusted by sliding it up or down the vertical posts so that it is either horizontal or vertical to the floor-or at any angle in between. Thus a client can be encouraged to assume a more upright posture. After a simple transfer, even a large, non-weight-bearing client is in a comfortable, more dignified and accessible position for hygiene care with the help of the Support Station.
Self-assisted transfers - Self-assisted transfers are enabled by the Rifton Support Station. Hand slots, elbow curves, and optional handholds on the padded trunk board provide versatile options for self-support to accommodate clients' varying needs. Even users with limited hand control can assist in transfer from their wheelchair to a toilet or commode, or by remaining upright for diapering.
Adjustable height and tilt - Adjust the trunk board angle using the upper handles. Adjust the trunk board height using the lower handles with safety trigger. The trunk board adjusts from 26" to 45" above the floor.
Non-weight bearing transfers - With the trunk board in a nearly horizontal position, even a large, non-weight-bearing client is able to use the Rifton Support Station for toilet transfers. A support strap with buckle lends added safety while a caregiver adjusts clothing.Pivot or fixed configurations -
Pivot configuration: When installed without the kneeboard, the Support Station can be pivoted to aid transfers from a wheelchair to a fixed toilet or commode. In the horizontal position, the padded trunk board can pivot 180°, enabling the client to safely move his or her feet in an arc - often independently - and comfortably transfer to the toilet. Located conveniently at the top of the white slotted trunk board, the lever controlling rotation can be operated by either caregiver or client.
Fixed Configuration: With the comfortable kneeboard in place for leverage, the client using this changing station can remain in an upright, forward-leaning position for convenient clothing adjustment, hygiene care, transfer to a rolling commode or shower chair or simply for diaper changing. The client's torso rests comfortably on the padded trunk board, with only as much weight-bearing through the legs as the user can comfortably tolerate. Even non-weight-bearing adults have experienced success in using this type of changing table.
|Rifton hygiene support station|
Trunk Board Size
24" x 24"
Maximum Trunk Board Height
Minimum Trunk Board Height
Height of Frame
Width of Frame
Depth when Trunk Board Horizontal
Depth when Collapsed against Wall
Max. Working Load
- The manufacturer warranties that if any product breaks or fails in service during the first year, it will be replaced free of charge.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
- Unfortunately hygiene items cannot be returned once opened, due to health concerns.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details