ShowerBuddy SB1 Shower Transfer System
ShowerBuddy SB1 Shower Transfer System
ShowerBuddy standard shower transfer system alleviates heavy lifting and multiple transfers for toileting and showering. This chair is separated into three sections; rolling base (shower chair), bridge and shower base. The rolling base rolls around the house like a wheelchair allows patient to easily transfer and then roll right over a toilet (certain toilets). Once completed with toileting the rolling base can connect to the bridge and then onto the shower base allows the chair to slide into the shower. Once inside the shower, the bridge disconnects and the shower base turns allows the user to face the shower controls.
ShowerBuddy SB1 shower transfer system will turn your existing bathroom into an accessible bathroom that allows you to enjoy showering again without the excessive cost, delay and stress of a full bathroom remodel.
- Showerbuddy SB1 system is made of aluminum which will not rust when in contact with water.
- Height adjustability on rolling base and shower base - allows for use in a variety of shower stall sizes.
- Rolls over some toilets- allows for “no mess” alternative to commode usage.
ShowerBuddy SB1: Features & Includes Items
- Height adjustable
- Low maintenance
- Footrest - fold-up
- Commode system
- Safety mechanisms
- Tool-free assembly
- Weight capacity 550 lbs.
- Safety belts - lap & chest belts
- Rolls over most standard toilets
- Arms removable / lockable / flipback
- Caster Wheels - 125mm (5”) x 4 locking
- No rust Aluminum frame (Grade 6061 T6)
- Stainless steel parts and hardware (Grade 304)
- Rotates 360° inside shower (subject to space)
- Lap belt
- Chest belt
- Bridge - 16"
- Shower track
- Fold up footrest
- 5" locking castors
- Commode bucket with lid
- Removable swing-back armrest with locks
Showerbuddy SB1: Showering
ShowerBuddy SB1 is made up of a comfortable, sturdy chair and a bridge unit to allow transfer:
- Simply line up the unit with a step-in shower and move the seated user back in the chair, along the bridge.
- Safe, waterproof suction fee fix the chair to the shower floor.
- The bridge can be removed at this point, allowing caregiver access.
- The chair can rotate, offering different positions to suit preferences and get assistance with cleaning.
- Once finished, the chair connects back onto the bridge, allowing for easy transfer out of the shower unit.
- The base can stay in the shower, or be removed quickly so other family members can use the shower as usual.
Showerbuddy SB1: Toileting
Use of the existing toilet in a bathroom is made easier with the ShowerBuddy SB1’s comfortable chair. It’s height-adjustable to suit the user.
- Locking caster wheels allow the ShowerBuddy SB1 chair unit to be maneuvered and secured over the toilet.
- When the chair is not in use, a full overlay cushion accessory closes the opening, making the ShowerBuddy SB1 a comfortable day chair.
- If the user needs a nighttime commode, the ShowerBuddy SB1 is ready for the task with included pan and lid.
“Hygiene products cannot be returned once used or opened”
|ShowerBuddy standard shower transfer system|
|Chair width - over caster wheels||20.47"|
|Chair Width - over arms||22.44"|
|Chair Width - inside arms||18.70"|
|Chair Length - including footrest||37.79" (31.79"excluding)|
|Backrest Height from Cushion to top||17.32"|
|Toilet Height Clearance (maximum)||20.07"|
|Toilet width clearance at narrowest||11.61" (centre of track, approx. 7.87" above floor)|
|Bridge Length (Standard)||15.94" or Accessory 7.87" or 11.81" or customized|
|Seat Cushion Dimensions||18.11" W x 16.92" D|
|Seat Height from Floor||21.65" to 26.57" (Adjustable)|
|Seat Cushion Opening||6.88" W x 13.18" L|
|Shower Base unit dimensions||196.85" x 17.91"|
|Box dimensions||29.92" x 22.44" x 24.80"|
|Box Gross Weight||65.47 lbs.|
|Weight capacity||550 lbs.|
Manufacturer warrants all products for two years from the date of purchase by the consumer.
This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship on all Showerbuddy products except those listed in the Warranty Exclusion below:
- Damage from normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by failure to adhere to the Users Manual.
- Damage from improper installation or repair.
- The brake line that operates the handbrake / tilt mechanism on the tilting chair units.
- Improper use of the hand ratchet that is used in adjusting the neck support.
- Seat cushions.
In addition, Showerbuddy offers a lifetime Warranty on the frame of all their chairs. The lifetime Warranty has the following exclusions.
- All exclusions listed in the Two Year Warranty.
- All components that are not welded to the frame itself.
- The warranty is VOID if the original serial number tag is removed or altered.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit sustains fire damage.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit sustains damage from unnatural causes.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit is used to hold more than the weight limit of 300 pounds (136kg).
- The warranty is VOID if the unit has been subjected to neglect, improper maintenance, storage or operation as defined in the Users Manual.
- The warranty is VOID if the unit is modified without Showerbuddys written consent.
- This warranty applies only to the original purchaser from the date of the purchase provided a registration card has been submitted to the manufacturer withing 60 days of purchase.
- Unfortunately hygiene items cannot be returned once opened, due to health concerns.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details