Silverlon Wound Contact Dressing
Silverlon Wound Contact Dressings are ideal for the management of a wide variety of wounds including partial thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, traumatic and surgical wounds, 1st and 2nd degree burns, and donor and graft sites.
Indications for Use: Silverlon Island Wound Dressings and Silverlon Wound Pad Dressings are multi-layer, sterile, non-adherent, antimicrobial barrier wound dressings.
Over-The-Counter Indications: Local management of superficial wounds, minor burns, abrasions and lacerations.
- Silverlon Island Wound Dressings and Silverlon Wound Pad Dressings may be used for the management of painful wounds, Silverlon Island Wound Dressings and Silverlon Wound Pad Dressing�s non-adherent wound contact layer reduces pain during dressing changes and evaporation of moisture in the dressing may soothe the wound.
- Under the supervision of a healthcare professional Silverlon Island Wound Dressings and Silverlon Wound Pad Dressings are intended for up to 7 day use for wounds such as vascular access or peripheral IV sites, orthopedic external pin sites, wound drain sites, surgical wounds (donor and graft sites, incisions), and partial to full thickness dermal ulcers (stage I-IV pressure sores, venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers, diabetic ulcers).
- Silverlon Island Wound Dressings and Silverlon Wound Pad Dressings are indicated for the management of infected wounds, as the silver in the dressing provides an antimicrobial barrier that may be helpful in managing these wounds. In addition, the moist wound healing environment and control of wound bacteria within the Silverlon Island Wound Dressing and Silverlon Wound Pad Dressing may help reduce the risk of wound infection and support the body's healing process.
Contraindications: Silverlon Dressings should not be used on patients with 3rd degree burns or with known sensitivity to silver or nylon.
Instructions for Use
- Cleanse wound with sterile water, distilled water, or normal saline removing necrotic debris or eschar as needed per local protocol.
- Select the dressing size that overlaps the wound margins by 1-2 cm.
- Activate Silverlon Wound Contact Dressing and Burn Contact Dressing by thoroughly moistening with sterile water, distilled water or normal saline.
- Position the Silverlon dressing directly over wound, with either silver side in contact with the skin; secure the dressing in place using a secondary dressing per local protocol. 1) For exudating wounds, use an absorbent secondary dressing of choice. 2) For dry wounds, use a moisture-donating secondary dressing such as hydrocolloid or premoistened foam or gauze.
- Periodically check the edges of the Silverlon dressing to ensure that it is maintained in a moist condition.
- Silverlon Wound Contact Dressing and Burn Contact Dressing may be used for 7 days, but may require more frequent changing depending on wound condition and exudate build-up.
- To remove Silverlon Wound Contact Dressing and Burn Contact Dressing, first remove the outer secondary dressing per local protocol, and then gently depress surrounding skin while lifting the dressing edges.
If sticking of the dressing to the wound occurs, moisten the dressing as needed with sterile water, distilled water or normal saline until it can be easily removed by gently lifting the corners.
Storage: Store Silverlon Wound Contact Dressing and Burn Contact Dressings in normal warehouse conditions. Keep dry. Avoid excessive heat or humidity.
|Silver Wound Contact Layer Dressing
|99% Elemental Silver / 1% Silver Oxide
|Non-adhesive Without Border
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.