SolCarb Oral Supplement/ Tube Feeding Formula
SolCarb Oral Supplement is a soluble form of carbohydrate that can be added to tube-feeding formulas, liquids, or moist foods.
- Lactose-free and gluten-free
- Powder displacement: 0.84 mL/g
- Osmotic contribution is 1.4 mOsm/g
- Potential renal solute load: 0.07 mOsm/g
- Soluble - easily mixes into all liquids and moist foods
- Failure to thrive
- Renal solute load is limited
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Gastrointestinal volume is restricted
- Need to increase the energy density of foods
- Supply additional calories from carbohydrate
- Medical status prevents adequate intake of calories
Ingredients: Maltodextrin (derived from corn)
Preparation: (Tube or oral feeding)
- Refer to the table below to determine the amount of powder needed to meet additional caloric needs as suggested by your healthcare professional.
- Using a household measure or a gram scale, measure the required amount of powder.
- Add powder to any liquid, moist food, or tube-feeding formula.
- Stir or shake until the powder has dissolved. If tube feedings, the powder must be fully dissolved or tube blockage may occur.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for no longer than 24 hours. Shake or stir before serving.
|*For accuracy, the use of a gram scale to measure SolCarb powder is required.|
Warning: Use under medical supervision. Not for parenteral use and not to be used as a sole source of nutrition. SolCarb is not a sterile powder. Do not give SolCarb to premature infants or to individuals who might have immune system problems, unless directed by a doctor.
What is the shelf-life of an opened can of SolCarb?
Once opened, SolCarb can be kept for up to 1 year. An opened can of SolCarb must be kept properly sealed (when not in use) and stored in a cool, dry place (not in the refrigerator). When stored in less-than-ideal conditions, SolCarb powder will pick up moisture making the powder clumpy and hard.
Can SolCarb be used for tube feedings?
Yes. Using a household measure or a gram scale, measure the required amount of SolCarb powder. Add the powder to the tube feeding formula. Stir or shake until the powder has dissolved. The powder must be fully dissolved or tube blockage may occur. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for no longer than 24 hours. Shake or stir before serving.
Can SolCarb be mixed in liquids or moist foods?
Yes. Using a household measure or a gram scale, measure the required amount of SolCarb powder. Add the powder to any liquid or moist food. Stir or shake until the powder has dissolved. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for no longer than 24 hours. Shake or stir before serving.
Can SolCarb be used as a replacement for the discontinued Polycose?
Yes, SolCarb is used the same way you used Polycose in the past. The products are considered therapeutic equivalents.
What is the displacement of SolCarb?
The powder displacement is 0.84 mL/g, which means that the free water is 840 mL per liter.
How many tablespoons are there in a can of SolCarb?
Can SolCarb be used as a sole source of nutrition?
No. SolCarb contains carbohydrates only. It is not a source of vitamins and minerals. SolCarb should not be used as a sole source of nutrition.
Can SolCarb be used in infants, children, and adults?
Yes. Do not give SolCarb to premature infants or to individuals who might have immune system problems, unless directed by a doctor.
Can SolCarb be used with premature infants or those who are immunocompromised?
The CDC has issued guidelines to help decrease the risk of infection in vulnerable populations from powdered formulas.
SolCarb is a powder and is therefore similar to powdered infant formulas in that neither is sterile, so the precautions are the same for both?
SolCarb is manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practices, but because it is a powder, it cannot be made sterile. Based on CDC guidelines, it is suggested that SolCarb not be given to premature infants or immunocompromised individuals unless no alternative is available or unless directed and supervised by a physician.
|Administration Method||Oral / Tube|
|Calories per Serving||375 Calories|
|Calories per Serving Range||301-400 Calories|
|Ingredients||Maltodextrin (derived from corn)|
- The product warranty is applicable as per the terms and conditions provided by the product manufacturer.
Please call us for specific details.
- No returns will be accepted after 30 days from the date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee as per manufacturers terms and conditions.
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization), unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customers expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost will be deducted from the total refund.
- Hygiene, bath and toilet items cannot be returned once opened or used.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.