Symmetric Designs Headmaster Collar
Symmetric designs headmaster collar is the collar of choice for low profile, lightweight, firm support for the head. The Headmaster collar is light, airy, and made of a soft, washable fabric that is free of latex. For patients needing head and neck support due to ALS, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Dropped Head Syndrome (DHS), Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome, Motor Neurone Disease, and many other disorders causing neck muscle weakness, Headmaster has been the collar of choice for 30 years. Headmaster Collars are gentler and can be fitted to children as young as 6 months old who require head support.
- Choice of color
- Easy to keep clean
- Firm support for the head
- Easy to put on and remove
- Low profile; unobtrusive appearance
- Cool, comfortable head support with low heat retention
- Improved breathing and swallowing by opening trachea and esophagus
Benefits for the Fitter:
- Quick release velcro
- Accessories available to modify function
- Good access to a tracheal tube, if needed
- One measurement to determine size (6 available sizes)
- Easy to fit (bend the cervical collar by hand to fit)
- All parts for the cervical collar are available as replacements
Bend the Collar to the desired height & width by hand
- It will stay in the shape you set it.
- Use accessories for extra flexion and extension support.
- Bend the Collar to clear the clavicles (collar bones) if necessary.
- A chin pad can be added to the chest portion of the Collar for extra padding if needed.
- Check that the Collar fits snugly under the chin.
- Only the back of the neck should be covered by the neckstrap.
- Use the Anterior Support to rigidify the Collar, if needed (see accessories).
- For extra support use the Neck Pad or the Extension Pads (see accessories) to resist extension of the neck.
|Collar size||"a" measurements|
|Dimension ‘a’ is the shortest distance under the jaw from the centre of the chin to the angle of the mandible. Select the closest size Collar from the table above (Choose the smaller size if in doubt)|
- The manufacturer warrants this product for a Limited period of One year.
- The warranty excludes damages caused by abuse and normal wear and tear.
- Warranty will be void if the product is used for purpose other then specified by the manufacturer.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms and Conditions apply to warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
This is a Special order item and cannot be returned.