Symmetric designs headmaster collar
*Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details.
(* Manufacturer/Brand Pricing restrictions may apply)
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP)
Please call or email us to order the accessories separately.
Symmetric designs headmaster collar is the collar of choice for low profile, lightweight, firm support for the head. Headmaster collar is Light, airy, covered in a soft, washable fabric and 100% Latex Free. Headmaster has been the collar of choice from 30 years for people requiring head and neck support as a result of: ALS, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Dropped Head Syndrome (DHS), Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome, Motor Neurone Disease and many conditions resulting in neck muscle weakness. Headmaster Collars for kids are softer and may be fitted to children needing head support as young as 6 months of age.Benefits:
- Choice of colours.
- Easy to keep clean.
- Easy to put on and remove.
- Firm support for the head.
- Low profile; unobtrusive appearance.
- Cool, comfortable head support with low heat retention.
- Improved breathing and swallowing by opening trachea and esophagus.
- Quick release velcro
- Accessories available to modify function
- Good access to a tracheal tube, if needed
- One measurement to determine size (6 available sizes)
- Easy to fit (bend the cervical collar by hand to fit)
- All parts for the cervical collar are available as replacements
- It will stay in the shape you set it.
- Use accessories for extra flexion and extension support.
- Bend the Collar to clear the clavicles (collar bones) if necessary.
- A chin pad can be added to the chest portion of the Collar for extra padding if needed.
- Check that the Collar fits snugly under the chin.
- The neckstrap should be around the back of the neck only.
- Use the Anterior Support to rigidify the Collar, if needed (see accessories).
- For extra support use the Neck Pad or the Extension Pads (see accessories) to resist extension of the neck.
|Collar size||"a" measurements|
|Dimension ‘a’ is the shortest distance under the jaw from the centre of the chin to the angle of the mandible. Select the closest size Collar from the table above (Choose the smaller size if in doubt)|
- The manufacturer warrants this product for a Limited period of One year.
- The warranty excludes damages caused by abuse and normal wear and tear.
- Warranty will be void if the product is used for purpose other then specified by the manufacturer.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms and Conditions apply to warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
This is a Special order item and cannot be returned.