Varilite Evolution Cushion
Varilite Evolution Wheelchair Cushion
The Varilite Evolution Cushion is a lightweight and comfortable cushion designed specifically for individuals who are at high risk of tissue breakdown and require symmetric positioning. The cushion is crafted with Evolution foam, which is bonded to a four-way-stretch fabric that allows for maximum conformity during immersion.
Additionally, the fabric is both puncture and water-resistant, ensuring that the cushion is both durable and long-lasting. One of the standout features of the Evolution Cushion is its innovative PSV (Pressure Setting Valve), which takes the guesswork out of cushion adjustment and makes it even easier to use. With its combination of comfort, convenience, and durability, the Varilite Evolution Cushion is an excellent choice for anyone in need of a high-quality seating solution.
Air & Foam floatation
Designed with three types of foam to create functional areas for maximum comfort and pressure relief. Soft foam is used for the decubitus-sensitive area of the ITs, while medium foam is used for the thigh trough, pelvic bucketing, and pre-ischial bar. Firm foam is used for the perimeter and medial thigh separator. The cushion holds air by bonding the Evolution foam to a coated fabric. A valve is provided to release air and immerse the user in the foam, conforming to their body shape and distributing their weight evenly across the surface of the cushion.
Positioning supports can greatly improves stability for users who experience compromised sitting balance or frequent transfers. Multi-stiffness foam ensures reliable support as the user is fully immersed in the cushion. Medial and lateral supports effectively minimize internal and external lower extremity rotation, while pelvic bucketing and pre-ischial ridges help maintain proper pelvic position. Additionally, thigh troughs promote a neutral femoral position, contributing to overall comfort and proper alignment.
The cushion utilizes Evolution foam that is bonded to a four-way-stretch knit fabric, resulting in maximum conformity during immersion. The fabric used is not only puncture-resistant but also water-resistant, ensuring durability and longevity of use.
Standard Valve for adjusting air volume
Sitting on a fully inflated cushion, the user opens the valve and releases air, closing the valve when sitting on approximately 1/2 inch of air and foam.
Pressure Setting Valve (PSV)
PSV works by sensing the amount of internal cushion pressure. As air is released, internal pressure decreases and the user is immersed in the cushion for effective pressure distribution. PSV is marked with three pre-set positions to provide the best range of immersion for most users.
Evolution cushion is available with a mesh or incontinence cover with breathable four-way-stretch material. Incontinence cover wicks the moisture away from the skin and protects cushion inside. Reticulated foam inside promotes air exchange and improves pressure distribution. The underside is a rugged nonslip material with hook and loop for added security.
Please call us to configure custom cushion size.
Note: Custom and Non-Standard size cushions ordered are not returnable.
|Varilite Evolution Cushion|
|Cushion Composition||Air-Foam Floatation|
|Base Composition||No Base|
|Height||3.8" (Preloaded State)|
|Weight capacity (depends on size)||325 lbs. - 750 lbs.|
- Manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years after purchase by the original consumer/owner.
- Cushion cover is not covered under this warranty.
- The manufacturer will replace the product if found defective within the warranty period.
- The warranty is not applicable to the damage caused by using unsuitable environmental conditions or failure to maintain the product in accordance with user and service instructions.
- Any alteration, modification, or repair will void the warranty, normal wear and tear, consumer neglect and willful destruction are not covered under the warranty.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
- No returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a 30% restocking fee
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details
Q: How do Varilte cushions work?
A: Air in a Varilite cushion supports the load, while foam keeps the air where it's needed and preserves the cushion shape. Learn more about the Varilite Air-Foam technology
Q: How is the cushion adjusted properly?
- For both Pressure Setting Valve (PSV) and standard valves, begin with the cushion fully inflated and valve closed. Transfer onto the cushion.
- For a PSV, turn the valve clockwise until the pre-determined number appears in the indicator window. Air will escape until the valve automatically shuts off (approximately 10-15 seconds). Once the valve has shut off the release of air, close the valve by turning it clockwise. See PSV operating instructions for more information.
- For a standard valve, slowly turn the valve counterclockwise to release the air. Listen for a change in pitch and close the valve by turning clockwise. Air level is determined by the amount of support or stability needed by the user, comfort, and activity level. See seating system instructions for more information.
Q: Why do some seat cushions have an indentation?
A: The cushion is designed to indent in the sacral-ischial area. The soft, less firm foam of the sacral-ischial area, by design, exerts less "push back" on the cushion fabric than the surrounding firmer foam. See Sacral-ischial foam indentation detailed information
Q: Will a 16" x 18" cushion fit in a 17" x 18" chair?
A: No. Select the cushion that is 1" larger. For example if your wheelchair size is 17" x 18", select an 18" x 18" cushion. The cushion will accommodate the 1" size difference without affecting its performance.
Q: Are Varilite cushions available in custom sizes?
A: Varilite cushions are available in a wide range of widths and depths. Size selection is frequently updated to meet the needs of customers. Standard sizes often accommodate custom wheelchairs well. If you need a size that is not currently available, select the cushion that is 1" larger as explained in the above question.
Q: How do I maintain my Varilite seating system and back support?
A: We recommend that you leave the valve open and allow the cushion to fully inflate overnight at least once a week to maintain optimal cushion performance and foam integrity. Check your cushion's inflation level daily to ensure optimal seating and positioning.
Q: What is the weight capacity for Varilite seat cushions?
|Cushion size||Weight capacity|
|12 x 8||250 lbs.|
|12 x 12||300 lbs.|
|12 x 14||325 lbs.|
|14 x 14||400 lbs.|
|14 x 16||450 lbs.|
|16 x 16||500 lbs.|
|16 x 18||575 lbs.|
|17 x 17||575 lbs.|
|18 x 16||575 lbs.|
|16 x 20||650 lbs.|
|18 x 18||650 lbs.|
|20 x 16||650 lbs.|
|18 x 20||725 lbs.|
|20 x 18||725 lbs.|
|20 x 20||750 lbs.|
|22 x 18||750 lbs.|
|22 x 20||750 lbs.|
|24 x 18||750 lbs.|
|24 x 20||750 lbs.|
Q: What do I do if I get a hole in my cushion?
A: Although the bladder of the cushion is puncture-resistant, it is not puncture-proof. If you do get a hole in your cushion, there are two options; either request for a repair kit or send it for repair. See warranty for more information.
Q: Is there any latex in Varilite cushions or covers?
Q: What do I do if the valve breaks or comes loose?
A: If the valve breaks or comes loose, you can request a valve replacement kit or you may send it for repair. See warranty for more information.