Varilite Meridian Wave Cushion
(* Manufacturer/Brand Pricing restrictions may apply)
resna certified assistive technology practitioner (ATP)
Please call or email us to order the accessories separately.
Varilite Meridian Wave Cushion is a dual-chamber, adjustable air and foam floatation skin protection cushion with a solid positioning base. Three different style of positioning base are available for individual positioning needs. Both the cushion and wave positioning support fits inside the tailored cushion cover.
Wave Contoured Positioning Wedge (CPW)
Lateral thigh supports position the lower extremities and prevent unwanted abduction of the thighs whereas medial thigh supports provide the correct amount of abduction to prevent unwanted adduction of the thighs. CPW increases the weight-bearing load on the back of the thighs and decreases the seat-to-back angle. The closed-cell CPW will not absorb fluid & is resistant to bacteria.
Wave Lateral Positioning Base (LPB)
Lateral pelvic supports are located posterior to the greater trochanters and provide lateral stability that maintains the pelvis in the center of the seat. Lateral thigh supports position the lower extremities and prevents unwanted abduction of the thighs. The Wave LPB provides a firm foundation for postural stability and discourages chair upholstery from slinging. The closed-cell LPB will not absorb fluid and is resistant to bacteria.
Wave Contoured Positioning Base
Provides a solid base of support and a high degree of pelvic & lower extremity lateral and medial positioning. Lateral pelvic supports are located posterior to the greater trochanters and provide lateral stability that maintains the pelvis in the center of the seat. Lateral thigh supports position the lower extremities and prevents unwanted abduction of the thighs. Medial thigh supports provides the correct amount of abduction to prevent unwanted adduction of the thighs. Wave CPB provides a firm foundation for postural stability & discourages chair upholstery from slinging. The closed-cell foam CPB will not absorb fluid and is resistant to bacteria.
- Functional areas of meridian are created by 3 types of foam: soft foam for the decubitus-sensitive area of the ITs; medium foam for the thigh trough, pelvic bucketing and pre-ischial bar; and firm foam for the perimeter and medial thigh separator.
- Valves release air to immerse the user in the foam, which conforms to the user and distributes the user's weight over the surface of the cushion.
Meridian is available with a mesh or incontinence cover with breathable four-way-stretch material. Reticulated foam inside promotes air exchange & improves pressure distribution. The underside is a rugged nonslip mterial with hook and loop for added security. Both covers are machine washable.
Please call us to configure custom cushion size.Note Custom and Non-Standard size cushions ordered are not returnable.
|Varilite Meridian Wave Cushion|
|Cushion Composition||Air-Foam Flotation|
|Base Composition||Closed-cell foam|
|Height||5.1" (Preloaded State)|
|Weight capacity (depends on size)||325 lbs. - 750 lbs.|
- Manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years after purchase by the original consumer/owner.
- Cushion cover is not covered under this warranty.
- The manufacturer will replace the product if found defective within the warranty period.
- The warranty is not applicable to the damage caused by using unsuitable environmental conditions or failure to maintain the product in accordance with user and service instructions.
- Any alteration, modification, or repair will void the warranty, normal wear and tear, consumer neglect and willful destruction are not covered under the warranty.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
- No returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a 30% restocking fee
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details