Varilite ProForm NX Cushion
Varilite Proform NX Cushion features a modifiable base, superior pressure distribution, asymmetric positioning options and comfort. Proform NX cushion is designed for individuals with leg length discrepancies, amputations and other pelvic obliquities. It is an air-foam floatation cushion which contains two self-inflating, independently-adjustable chambers.
Proform NX cushion contains two self-inflating, independently-adjustable chambers. The adjustments are made using two-way air valves that release air to immerse the user in the foam. The foam conforms to the user, and the user's weight is distributed over the surface of the cushion. Proform NX is available in single or dual chamber.
- The cushion has closed-cell foam base that will not absorb water and is resistant to bacteria. The base can be cut with a knife or blade to accommodate drop-base seats, leg-length discrepancies, and "hot-spots".
- Laterals and a deep ischial pan provides maximum immersion and pressure distribution. Molded thigh troughs improve lower-extremity positioning and flex-hinge lets the base flex when a varilite wedge is placed underneath.
Modifiable thigh cushion
Breathable, mesh-covered reticulated foam blocks contour over the medial thigh separator and anterior laterals for added comfort and stability. The thigh cushion is patterned in sections for easy modification to match changes made to the contoured base. It is non-absorbent and washable.
A modifiable closed-cell foam wedge is standard with Proform NX cushion that increases the weight-bearing load on the back of the thighs and decreases the load on the buttocks, without changing the seat-to-back angle. The 2" tapered wedge can be trimmed easily for custom fitting.
The cushion is available with a mesh or incontinence cover with breathable four-way-stretch material. Reticulated foam inside promotes air exchange and improves pressure distribution. The underside is a rugged nonslip material with hook and loop for added security. Both covers are machine washable.
Please call us to configure custom cushion size.Note Custom and Non-Standard size cushions ordered are not returnable.
|Varilite Proform NX Cushion|
|Cushion Composition||Air-Foam Floatation|
|Base Composition||Closed-Cell Foam|
|Height||4.7" (Preloaded State)|
|Base Style||Contoured Base|
|Weight capacity (depends on size)||325 lbs. - 750 lbs.|
- Manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of Six-Months after purchase by the original consumer/owner.
- The manufacturer will replace the product if found defective within the warranty period.
- The warranty is not applicable to the damage caused by using unsuitable environmental conditions or failure to maintain the product in accordance with user and service instructions.
- Any alteration, modification, or repair will void the warranty, normal wear and tear, consumer neglect and willful destruction are not covered under the warranty.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
- No returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a 30% restocking fee
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details
Q: How do Varilte cushions work?
A: Air in a Varilite cushion supports the load, while foam keeps the air where it's needed and preserves the cushion shape. Learn more about the Varilite Air-Foam technology
Q: How is the cushion adjusted properly?
- For both Pressure Setting Valve (PSV) and standard valves, begin with the cushion fully inflated and valve closed. Transfer onto the cushion.
- For a PSV, turn the valve clockwise until the pre-determined number appears in the indicator window. Air will escape until the valve automatically shuts off (approximately 10-15 seconds). Once the valve has shut off the release of air, close the valve by turning it clockwise. See PSV operating instructions for more information.
- For a standard valve, slowly turn the valve counterclockwise to release the air. Listen for a change in pitch and close the valve by turning clockwise. Air level is determined by the amount of support or stability needed by the user, comfort, and activity level. See seating system instructions for more information.
Q: Why do some seat cushions have an indentation?
A: The cushion is designed to indent in the sacral-ischial area. The soft, less firm foam of the sacral-ischial area, by design, exerts less "push back" on the cushion fabric than the surrounding firmer foam. See Sacral-ischial foam indentation detailed information
Q: Will a 16" x 18" cushion fit in a 17" x 18" chair?
A: No. Select the cushion that is 1" larger. For example if your wheelchair size is 17" x 18", select an 18" x 18" cushion. The cushion will accommodate the 1" size difference without affecting its performance.
Q: Are Varilite cushions available in custom sizes?
A: Varilite cushions are available in a wide range of widths and depths. Size selection is frequently updated to meet the needs of customers. Standard sizes often accommodate custom wheelchairs well. If you need a size that is not currently available, select the cushion that is 1" larger as explained in the above question.
Q: How do I maintain my Varilite seating system and back support?
A: We recommend that you leave the valve open and allow the cushion to fully inflate overnight at least once a week to maintain optimal cushion performance and foam integrity. Check your cushion's inflation level daily to ensure optimal seating and positioning.
Q: What is the weight capacity for Varilite seat cushions?
|Cushion size||Weight capacity|
|12 x 8||250 lbs.|
|12 x 12||300 lbs.|
|12 x 14||325 lbs.|
|14 x 14||400 lbs.|
|14 x 16||450 lbs.|
|16 x 16||500 lbs.|
|16 x 18||575 lbs.|
|17 x 17||575 lbs.|
|18 x 16||575 lbs.|
|16 x 20||650 lbs.|
|18 x 18||650 lbs.|
|20 x 16||650 lbs.|
|18 x 20||725 lbs.|
|20 x 18||725 lbs.|
|20 x 20||750 lbs.|
|22 x 18||750 lbs.|
|22 x 20||750 lbs.|
|24 x 18||750 lbs.|
|24 x 20||750 lbs.|
Q: What do I do if I get a hole in my cushion?
A: Although the bladder of the cushion is puncture-resistant, it is not puncture-proof. If you do get a hole in your cushion, there are two options; either request for a repair kit or send it for repair. See warranty for more information.
Q: Is there any latex in Varilite cushions or covers?
Q: What do I do if the valve breaks or comes loose?
A: If the valve breaks or comes loose, you can request a valve replacement kit or you may send it for repair. See warranty for more information.