Varilite Reflex Cushion
Varilite Reflex non-adjustable cushion is recommended for users who are at moderate risk of skin breakdown. Reflex cushion is a skin-protecting wheelchair cushion that is ideal for use in nursing homes, hospitals, and other clinical settings. For strength and durability, reflex foam is bonded to a puncture and water-resistant polyester fabric.
Air & Foam floatation
- Two types of foam and a perforated area are used to create functional areas. The perimeter and medial thigh separator are made of firm foam, while the thigh troughs and pelvic bucketing are made of medium foam. Perforated foam in the sacral-ischial area protects the decubitus-sensitive area of the ischial tuberosities to the greatest extent possible.
- The combination of air and foam provides superior skin protection; the air supports the load while the foam holds the air in place and provides stability. The foam conforms to the user, and the user's weight is distributed evenly across the cushion's surface.
When the user sits on the cushion, an air-release device built into the cushion automatically releases a portion of the air. The air-release device maintains a constant level of immersion and prevents bottoming out. When you remove your weight from the cushion, it automatically re-inflates.
A tailored, removable incontinence cover is included with the Reflex cushion. The underside is made of tough nonslip material with a hook and loop closure for added security. The cover can be machine washed.
Please call us to configure the custom cushion size.Note Custom and Non-Standard size cushions ordered are not returnable.
|Varilite Reflex Non-Adjustable Cushion
|3.25" (Preloaded State)
|Weight capacity (depends on size)
|300 lbs. - 750 lbs.
- Manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years after purchase by the original consumer/owner.
- Cushion cover is not covered under this warranty.
- The manufacturer will replace the product if found defective within the warranty period.
- The warranty is not applicable to the damage caused by using unsuitable environmental conditions or failure to maintain the product in accordance with user and service instructions.
- Any alteration, modification, or repair will void the warranty, normal wear and tear, consumer neglect and willful destruction are not covered under the warranty.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions apply for warranty of this product.
- No returns accepted after 30 days from date of shipment.
- All returns are subject to a 30% restocking fee
- All returns must have an RGA number (Returned Goods Authorization Number) unauthorized returns will not be accepted.
- The products must be new, unused condition, not tampered with, in original packaging and returned at the customer's expense in the original packaging.
- If your return is not due to any manufacturing defect then the original shipping cost and credit card/paypal processing fee will be deducted from the total refund
- No returns accepted for Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details
Q: How do Varilte cushions work?
A: Air in a Varilite cushion supports the load, while foam keeps the air where it's needed and preserves the cushion shape. Learn more about the Varilite Air-Foam technology
Q: How is the cushion adjusted properly?
- For both Pressure Setting Valve (PSV) and standard valves, begin with the cushion fully inflated and valve closed. Transfer onto the cushion.
- For a PSV, turn the valve clockwise until the pre-determined number appears in the indicator window. Air will escape until the valve automatically shuts off (approximately 10-15 seconds). Once the valve has shut off the release of air, close the valve by turning it clockwise. See PSV operating instructions for more information.
- For a standard valve, slowly turn the valve counterclockwise to release the air. Listen for a change in pitch and close the valve by turning clockwise. Air level is determined by the amount of support or stability needed by the user, comfort, and activity level. See seating system instructions for more information.
Q: Why do some seat cushions have an indentation?
A: The cushion is designed to indent in the sacral-ischial area. The soft, less firm foam of the sacral-ischial area, by design, exerts less "push back" on the cushion fabric than the surrounding firmer foam. See Sacral-ischial foam indentation detailed information
Q: Will a 16" x 18" cushion fit in a 17" x 18" chair?
A: No. Select the cushion that is 1" larger. For example if your wheelchair size is 17" x 18", select an 18" x 18" cushion. The cushion will accommodate the 1" size difference without affecting its performance.
Q: Are Varilite cushions available in custom sizes?
A: Varilite cushions are available in a wide range of widths and depths. Size selection is frequently updated to meet the needs of customers. Standard sizes often accommodate custom wheelchairs well. If you need a size that is not currently available, select the cushion that is 1" larger as explained in the above question.
Q: How do I maintain my Varilite seating system and back support?
A: We recommend that you leave the valve open and allow the cushion to fully inflate overnight at least once a week to maintain optimal cushion performance and foam integrity. Check your cushion's inflation level daily to ensure optimal seating and positioning.
Q: What is the weight capacity for Varilite seat cushions?
|12 x 8
|12 x 12
|12 x 14
|14 x 14
|14 x 16
|16 x 16
|16 x 18
|17 x 17
|18 x 16
|16 x 20
|18 x 18
|20 x 16
|18 x 20
|20 x 18
|20 x 20
|22 x 18
|22 x 20
|24 x 18
|24 x 20
Q: What do I do if I get a hole in my cushion?
A: Although the bladder of the cushion is puncture-resistant, it is not puncture-proof. If you do get a hole in your cushion, there are two options; either request for a repair kit or send it for repair. See warranty for more information.
Q: Is there any latex in Varilite cushions or covers?
Q: What do I do if the valve breaks or comes loose?
A: If the valve breaks or comes loose, you can request a valve replacement kit or you may send it for repair. See warranty for more information.