Span America pressureguard APM2 safety supreme mattress
Special pricing available. Please call us for quote.Services available:
product trials; delivery; setup and fitting services available for clients in our local service area
Span America pressureguard APM2 safety supreme mattress combines all of the features of the PressureGuard APM2 with deluxe pump, adds raised perimeter edges and a fire-barrier sleeve as standard equipment. PressureGuard APM2 safety supreme mattress has proven therapeutic benefits of the powered air cylinders underneath the Geo-Matt topper, raised edges that increase patient safety from falls, restraints and side-rail entrapment, and the fire barrier sleeve that conforms to the toughest fire regulations in the US.
PressureGuard APM2 Safety Supreme is ultimate in Safety, Flexibility, and Skin Integrity. Combining unsurpassed edge-of-bed safety with documented clinical performance and ease of use. The Safety Supreme model provides protection from pressure ulcers, falls, fire, restraints and siderail entrapment – all in one easy-to-use package.
Cover- The bacteriostatic top fabric is fire resistant, fluidproof, tear resistant, cleanable, and replaceable. The pleated design allows full integration with the mattress’s Geo-Matt style shear-relieving surface while minimizing hammocking.
Inner Fire Barrier Sleeve- This feature meets requirements of NFPA 101 (“Life Safety Code”), Cal TB 603 and 129, and BFD IX-11. Comes as standard feature on APM2 Safety Supreme.
Foam Topper- The exclusive Geo-Matt style foam topper is a high density, medical grade foam. The unique geometric design redistributes pressure, reduces heat and moisture buildup on the skin, and reduces shear to underlying tissues.
Safety Edge Bolsters- Unique raised perimeter Wings design combines with the Safety Edge bolster system to encourage the patient toward the mattress and away from entrapment or falls. Lowered, padded opening makes transfers easier and safer for user and caregiver. The Safety Edge consists of a firm 2-part foam bolster whose inner edge contours under pressure to direct the patient towards the center of the mattress.
Air Cylinders- The inflation system consists of four urethane air cylinders that run head to foot underneath the body and the foam topper. These cylinders perform the Alternating Pressure Therapy, and the Lateral Rotation Therapy. Cylinders inflate and deflate in a fixed 10-minute cycle.
Toggle Switch- The toggle switch changes modalities from “Alternating Pressure” to “Lateral Rotation.” The switch is located under a velcroed fabric flap on the side of the mattress at the foot end, as illustrated.
Digital Multi-function Control Unit- “Alternate” mode changes loading in 10-minute cycle; controlled at mattress for choice of lateral rotation or alternating pressure therapy.
“Float” mode provides powered flotation therapy.
Timed (20-minute) “Auto Firm” mode for transfers, ADLs, & CPR.
Simple, indexed comfort adjustment.
"Low Pressure” and “Power Failure” indicator lights and audible alarms.Primary Use
- Aggressive treatment (through stage IV)
- Can’t or won’t reposition frequently
- Can be positioned off of ulcer in at least 2 positions
- Prevention for those at high risk for skin breakdown
- Single switch operation
- Two therapies in one mattress
- PressureGuard design: Stability, Safety, Anti-Shearing
- Weight limit 350 lbs.
- Deluxe control unit
- Proven therapies with full safety features package
- Maximum safety with maximum therapy and provides maximum value
- Fire barrier sleeve that conforms to the toughest fire regulations in the US
Certified Compliance: Span offers Fire Barrier Versions (FBV) of all Geo-Mattress® therapeutic foam and PressureGuard® air therapy surfaces. These versions are identified with a “-29” suffix, indicating they are equipped with an inner fire barrier sleeve. They have been certified to meet the new federal standard, as well as existing standards Cal TB 603 and 129, NFPA Life Safety Code 101, ASTM E 1590, 16 CFR 1632, and Boston IX-11.
|PressureGuard APM2 safety supreme mattress|
|Medicare approved||E0277 (Group II)|
|Length||75", 80", 84"|
|Height||7" H Center; 9" H Side|
|Weight capacity||350 lbs.|
|Mattress weight||20 lbs.|
|Pump weight||5.25 lbs.|
- The manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser that the PressureGuard APM2 patient support surface components and software, and cover will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 18 Months from the date of purchase, when maintained according to manufacturer specifications, using manufacturer provided equipment and maintenance schedule.
- The warranty specifically excludes liability for failure caused by improper use and/or maintenance of the system, and/or use of the product without the cover provided by the manufacturer.
- Normal wear patterns are not covered by the warranty.
- The manufacturer makes no warranty with respect to PressureGuard products or their components that have been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, accident or unauthorized modification.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
- Unfortunately hygiene items cannot be returned once opened, due to health concerns.
- Standard manufacturer terms & conditions are applicable for return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details.