Span America Pressureguard® Protocol™ Mattress
Span America PressureGuard® Protocol™ mattress has air delivery cover design supplies a gentle flow of air directly to the underside of its highly vapor permeable coverlet, carrying away excess moisture vapor to help protect vulnerable skin. Protocol’s efficient control unit generates substantially less heat and noise than traditional high-output low air loss blowers while consuming less power. PressureGuard Protocol with raised edges provides an extra measure of safety by keeping the user away from the edges. The 9" raised edge on the sides of the mattress keeps users from rolling to the edge of the bed.
PressureGuard® Protocol™ system includes mattress, control unit and machine washable coverlet. Caregivers can select subtle alternating pressure or powered flotation treatment modes. Auto firm mode provides additional surface stability for ADLs, transfers, and feeding when desired, and then automatically resumes the selected treatment mode after 20 minutes. Unlike typical roll-up surfaces, Protocol can maintain its inflation in a power outage or during transport.
Effective-Proven active pressure redistribution and microclimate management.
Efficient-Patented “Air Diffusion Matrix™” design generates less noise, uses less power.
Exceptional-Unmatched combination of air therapy, safety, stability, comfort and ease of use.
Proprietary “Air Diffusion Matrix” offers direct delivery microclimate management (“low air loss”) for control of excess moisture.
Clinically proven PressureGuard integrated air system/engineered foam shell design for an ideal combination of immersion, envelopment, shearing reduction, active air therapy, fall prevention, comfort, stability, fast set-up and ease of cleaning.
Raised Perimeter models add an extra measure of safety by helping to prompt the user away from edge of bed.
Efficient system design generates substantially less noise and consumes less than half the power of many traditional, blower-based "roll-up" surfaces.
- Alternating pressure mode gently changes loading across the surface in a 10-minute cycle.
- “Float ” mode provides powered flotation therapy.
- Simple comfort adjustment, including ultra-soft “Max. Immersion” setting for users under 120 lbs.
- Selectable audible alarm and indicator light for low pressure notification.
- Timed (30-minute) “Auto Firm” function for added stability during transfers, ADLs & CPR.
- Can maintain inflation during power interruption and transport.
- Treatment of Stage I-IV pressure ulcers
- Excessive perspiration or maceration
- Prevention for high risk patients
- Powered flotation mode
- Effective moisture management
- Produces less heat & noise than typical LAL unit
- PressureGuard design: stability, safety, anti-shearing
Certified Compliance: Span offers Fire Barrier Versions (FBV) of all Geo-Mattress® therapeutic foam and PressureGuard® air therapy surfaces. These versions are identified with a “-29” suffix, indicating they are equipped with an inner fire barrier sleeve. They have been certified to meet the new federal standard, as well as existing standards Cal TB 603 and 129, NFPA Life Safety Code 101, ASTM E 1590, 16 CFR 1632, and Boston IX-11.
|Medicare approved||E0277 (Group II)||E0277 (Group II)||E0277 (Group II)|
|Size (L x W x H)||75" x 35" x 7"||80" x 35" x 7"||84" x 35" x 7"|
|Weight limit||400 lbs.||400 lbs.||400 lbs.|
|Mattress weight||22 lbs.||22 lbs.||22 lbs.|
- Manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser that this products components, software, and cover will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 18 Months from the date of purchase, when maintained according to manufacturer specifications, using manufacturer provided equipment and maintenance schedule.
- The warranty specifically excludes liability for failure caused by improper use and/or maintenance of the system, and/or use of the product without the cover provided by the manufacturer.
- Normal wear patterns are not covered under this warranty.
- The manufacturer makes no warranty with respect to PressureGuard products or their components that have been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, accident or unauthorized modification.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost. Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions are applicable for Warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details.
No returns accepted for Mattresses, Hygiene & Bath products due to health concerns.
- Please review all specifications carefully before placing your order.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard Manufacturer Terms & Conditions Apply for Return Policy of this Product.
Please call us for specific details.