Kaye Suspension Walker
Kaye Suspension walking system is designed to support clients in either partial body weight-bearing or a fully weighted position. A manual winch is available to aid the therapist in lifting or lowering the client from a standing posture, as well as adjusting the amount of weight-bearing on the feet. Partial weight-bearing makes reciprocal stepping movements easier to perform, but full-body weight-bearing is employed for individuals with balance issues, poor postural control, or a fear of falling.
Both models are width adjustable and retractable to fit through most doorways, allowing them to span a wide range of treadmills. Clients can utilize the Kaye Suspension Walker for both treadmill and over-ground exercise because of its light frame. The suspension walking system comes with four swivel casters, two of which have directional locks for use on the ground and two of which have stationary locks to keep the system stable when used on a treadmill. The client can practice forward and backward stepping, as well as sidestepping, while in the device because all casters roll freely.Uses of Suspension walker:
- If the client is lifted from a chair or bench: It is easier to have the open end behind the user. This is also the position of choice if the therapist is using manual assistance to facilitate walking
- If walker is being used for standing: Place the client to face the open end to access the environment for play or interactions
- Standing in the walker permits the user to develop balance on the feet without the need for holding a support with the hands
- The largest size, model SW7, is width adjustable
- Available in two sizes, fitting toddlers through adults
- All models fold, to facilitate storage and transportation
- Four harness sizes are available to fit infants through adults
- Includes stationary brakes, to facilitate use over a treadmill
- The smallest size, model SW1, is width and height adjustable
- Includes swivel casters with directional locks, to facilitate use as a walker over open, level ground
|Kaye Suspension walking system|
|Model||Small (SW1)||Large (SW7)|
|User weight limit||120 lbs.||250 lbs.|
|User maximum height||56"||75"|
|Maximal treadmill width||25½"||28"|
|Frame width||24" - 32"||31 - 33"|
|Frame height||55" - 66"||79"|
|Frame weight||25 lbs.||47 lbs.|
|Product weight||37 lbs.||64 lbs.|
|Kaye suspensionharness for suspension walkers|
|Model||Pelvic Circumference||Product weight||Weight Limit of User|
|Small||16" - 25"||4 lbs.||60 lbs.|
|Medium Slim||18" - 28"||4 lbs.||60 lbs.|
|Medium||24" - 35"||6 lbs.||200 lbs.|
|Large||34" - 45"||6 lbs.||200 lbs.|
- If an item proves defective within Two Years of the original purchase, we will provide replacement parts in order to correct that defect.
- Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
- Parts under warranty will be covered at no cost.
- Any labor cost for service under warranty is not covered as per our terms of sale.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply to warranty of this product.
Please call us for specific details
- Due to the unique nature of this product, this is a special order item and cannot be returned.
- We do not guarantee fulfillment of any desired purpose or product suitability to the user and this will not be considered as a valid reason for return.
- Returns will be accepted only if a wrong product is delivered other than what originally ordered or product received with manufacturing defect.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Standard manufacturer terms and conditions apply to return policy of this product.
Please call us for specific details